6

The next morning Harry woke up in his bed to an annoying yet rhythmic pecking sounds at his window. He turned and saw that Ginny was still asleep to she rushed out of bed to stop the noise that would surely wake her up.

He softly kissed her forehead and saw an owl on the windowsill with a letter in it's beak addressed to him from the ministry.

Harry rolled his eyes and ripped the letter open and read it,

Head Auror Potter,
We unfortunately need your help in a unexpectedly huge death eater round up today.
We know you had worked yesterday despite it  had been your day off and the minister has agreed to give you a four week break if you agree to coming in to help.

Auror Johnson

Harry sighed, quickly wrote a note for Ginny to share with everyone and left before they woke up.

-TIME SKIP-

Ginny was not happy.

When she woke up she immediately frowned at her husbands absence, she immediately noticed he wasn't even in the room at all.

She quickly noticed the note on the bedside table.

Ginny,

I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to say goodbye, I'm needed at work for a little for eater roundup.
Don't kill me when I get back please, the roundup will be televised so if you feel like you need to, you can keep track of me on there.
I don't know how long it will take but it shouldn't take too long. Tell everyone not to worry, and that I love them and will see them soon.

Love Harry

Ginny sighed rubbing the bridge of her nose, and stuffed the letter into her pocket.

She quietly made her way down the stairs into the kitchen where she slumped in a seat next to an already awake lily.

James was making himself busy trying to cook eggs to the best of his ability, "what's wrong?"

Ginny smiled, of course lily would have picked up on her mood almost immediately. "Harrys been called into work, I know I should be used to it but its his day off."

James gave her a sympathetic look, "what for?"

"A death eater roundup, it's televised so we can watch it. The thing is though, this stopped being a thing years ago. I wonder if there was an Azkaban breakout, or maybe death eaters being returned."

James shook his head in worry looking at Lily who was wearing an equally worried look on her face.

Soon everyone had tiredly made their way down to the eating area, "where's daddy?" asked a sleepy Ruby who was rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning to you too, I'm doing good. Don't worry sweetie he's at work."

Ruby smiled sheepishly and sat next to her grandmother, they had been aquatinted the night before and the kids were all comfortable enough with their new guests.

"Why, I thought it was his day off today?" Teddy made his way sitting next to his father smiling at him, although slightly strained.

Ginny grimaced, " A death eater roundup."

Teddy worried at his hands nodding at Ginny, it was clear that he was still upset at the news.

"If it helps, it's being televised. You may watch it but not the other kids unfortunately. I don't know how violent it will get."

"Or how hurt dad will get right?" Jamie said, "that's what you were thinking."

Ginny sighed kneeling next to her kids, "Dad will be okay, I just don't what you all watching unnecessary violence. I'm sorry."

"Sorry mom, I'm just worried."

Teddy hugged Jamie, " I get it, I mean last time he got really hurt. We have to remember that he's a lot more trained and careful now. He will kick those death eaters in the ass."

Jamie nodded laughing softly, the adults all rolled their eyes fondly at Teddy's language Ginny not even bothering to scold him since he got the others to agree.

Everyone else finished eating as Ginny got her kids ready to go to Percy's house in the meantime, then they all waited for the broadcast to play.