Chapter Ten: Kiss me

Lily Mayfield
July 22nd, 2024

Breakfast was tense this morning. When Drew brought me home last night, Rocky and Pierre were disappointed in him to say the least.

Pierre had taken care of the few cuts on my legs and put me to bed. He was always so kind.

I was quiet. Well, more quiet than usual. There was an inescapable war in my mind. I realized I didn't only have feelings for Rocky. But I was beginning to develop feelings for Pierre and Drew too. I was filled with shame every time I thought about it.

Then there was the matter of my family too. That somehow came second to how I felt about these men. Slut.

Still, I missed Mother and Father. I missed Magnolia even more. We had been inseparable since the day we met. I've never gone this long without her. I was in the dark about just how much I relied on her until now.

Pierre prepared breakfast per usual and they all ate quickly before Drew and Rocky left for work. I wasn't sure what Drew did, but it made him good money.

Pierre stayed behind with me while I ate. I was kind of a slow eater. He didn't make me feel rushed though, I appreciated that.

"Want to watch a movie?"

I nodded.

We sat in the theater room with the tea Pierre made. He chose something called 'My Father The Hero'.

"Lily?"

I looked at him.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded.

"You haven't spoken a word this morning." He sounded concerned.

This hadn't happened to me since I was little. I wanted to speak but it felt like my throat was closing in on itself. I just looked at him.

He moved closed to me on the sofa and tucked my messy curls behind my ear. "Will you please speak to me, amore?"

"Can't," I tried to say but it only came out as an hurt, incoherent noise. The soreness of my throat was too painful.

I was scared. This was bad. I felt this heavy pressure, constricting my chest.

He picked me up and set me on his lap. He wrapped a blanket securely around me and held me. Tears fell out of my eyes which only made the pain in my throat more unbearable.

Pierre whispered in Italian as he stroked my hair and swayed us side to side slightly. I felt like I would die if he let me go.

The powerlessness I felt was too much. I had no control over my life. Not my body, emotions or the world around me.

. . .

I don't know when it happened but I was currently sandwiched between Pierre and Rocky, on an unfamiliar bed.

I was yet to let go of Pierre. I snuggled my face into his chest. Rocky rubbed my back soothingly.  Both of them holding me was calming, like Xanax.

The bedroom door creaked. I kept my eyes closed. Pierre and Drew were speaking in Italian. It almost sounded like they were arguing. I hoped they weren't still bickering because of me.

Drew stood by Pierre's side of the bed, still speaking Italian. "Give her to me."

Pierre held me closer. "She's too sensitive to deal with an asshole like you right now."

"I can see that dipshit. I'll be nice. Aren't you supposed to be writing anyway?"

Pierre sighed.