33. favorite mistake

NICKI:

May 31st , 2022; Queens— 11:27AM

are you on your way? are you coming soon to me? i'm getting impatient

are you on your way? are you coming soon to me? i'm getting impatient. look at what you do to me. our secret's safe so you're my favorite mistake.

______

"i'm actually miserable as fuck" i complained as i paced in front of my OBGYN "im 39 weeks and like a day right?" she nodded and gave me an unsure look "why the fuck am i only dilated 1 and a half centimeter?" i paused pacing and stood in front of her.

David was chilling in the corner chuckling and completely unbothered because he wasn't the one carrying this big ass baby.

"well" she hesitated "like i've told you before she's gonna come when she wan-"

"no, she's being evicted so i seen a girl on tiktok" i pulled my phone from my back pocket "she said drinking castor oil-"

"you can possible harm the baby that way" she cut me off "its deadly" she continued and i groaned "most home remedies for early deliveries aren't safe"

"ok, so what now?" my arms folded

"you just gotta wait and chill" David chimed in now fully attentive to the conversation

"im ignoring him" i told her

"you just have to wait" her bottom lip curled

"this is crazy" i sighed and started to pace back and forth again

"ive already given you a date, if you aren't in labor by then then we'll induce you and we've done everything possible"

i curled my bottom lip and slowly walked towards her with a tight pout "do another membrane sweep-"

"onika no, if it didn't work then it won't work now" she shook her head. you'd think my TT would treat me better. She's more than a doctor she's like family.

"you are no fun" i picked my purse up "what's the point of being family if you won't let me slide with certain things"

"i'm not putting you at risk of anything so there's that" she shrugged nonchalantly "have a nice day and next time come when you have an appointment not when you feel like it"

"if this baby isn't out of me by next week i might stick my fingers up my own pussy and pull her out by her hair" i warned as i turned to the door to open it and let myself out.