36. ride out

NICKI:

July 8th, 2022; Queens— 12:02PM

so don't be mad when i get in my shit and ride out

so don't be mad when i get in my shit and ride out. you gone be mad when another nigga show up and show out. you gone be mad, when you look back you see you missed out

___

It's been two days since everything at the studio happened. After Chyna and I talked about everything i actually felt so bad for her. I felt like a bad friend for not being there in the past.

despite her being in Miami and I in New york i should've done better with checking in on her because all of this could've been prevented.

it was clear that she wasn't only stripping but also had her side hustle of escorting.

My lease at the condo was up in 2 months so i gave her until then to get on her feet and figure something out.

Moriah had already been approved for a place near NYU. She was going back to school for her Masters so she didn't mind that chyna occupied the place until the lease was up because we both kind of left it up for grabs.

Today i did Chyna's hair at the shop while David had Capri. Once we were done we decided to meet up with my sisters. I was hesitant about it because they weren't feeling her moving into the condo and me helping out.

Especially Ari, Ari was anti everything and didn't trust nobody but it was only so much hiding i could do or they'd be mad about that.

"So what you plan on doing now?" Ari asked once our food order was placed in. She gave chyna a blank stare as she awaited an answer. "cause my sister got two kids to feed now and taking care of anybody else ain't in the cards for her" she continued and i took a long deep breath.

"I think i wanna sell hair" Chyna smiled

"aw that's nice" Moriah smiled as well "it's a billion dollar business-"

"not for everybody" Tori chimed in "it's hard out there"

"yeah, so if that doesn't work out then?" Ari continued and i wanted to kick her under the table real bad. "We need to make sure you got a backup plan"

"umm i was thinking about doing Nails back in Miami" Chyna shrugged "maybe i can do that here" she looked in my direction and i nodded.

It didn't sound like she had a full set on plan but it's also only been two days.

"Nails is good business as well but have you tried? it's not easy i tried" Moriah scoffed and shook her head "i gave up instantly" she continued