Chapter 12

I never craved attention,
until I tasted yours.

I never craved attention,until I tasted yours

I dashed outside with my car keys. "Let's go!!" I spouted getting Eira's attention. "But where are we going?" She exclaimed curiously.

"You will find out---" I sarcastically claimed leaving her in dubious.

We both seat in the car making our way towards the destination, "Make yourself comfortable we have long way to go----" I knew it is going to be a long ride.

"Is it that far?" She faintly spoke playing with her fingers. "Don't be scared I won't kill you." I humorously state making our tensed atmosphere lighter.

"I'm not scared...." Her voice raised up as giggle a left my mouth. "Of course you're not--"

"Excuse me-----" she refuted gazing at me. "What!! Aren't you scared of me-----?" I mocked with grin on my face. "When the heck did you scared me?" She fumed waiting for my judgment.

"The day I return you were the one who ran away wasn't it?" I recalled getting her tensed up. Her silence made me smirk in victory. "Is miss bold speechless..." The words flew from my lips.

And I shut my mouth in realisation that I was getting too comfortable. "I was just surprised back at a time---" her gaze squirm around her thighs.

"You didn't tell me you were coming----" she spouted putting all the blame on me. Is she not realising that she ghosted me for freaking eight years ago.

"How would I tell you by sending a pigeon---" I mummered to myself. "Did you say something?" She inquired staring straight in my soul. "Nothing---" I gawed focusing on the drive.

The ride went silent, but not awkward. I was enjoying the peace more like the peace of this person sitting beside me. Breaking through our awkward first meet was a challenge itself.

Even after knowing each other for ages we went through the path where we had a point that we didn't even know who we were. The eight years gap really made us strangers again.

It hard to swallow this bitter truth, knowing she at least tried to confront me about herself before leaving me.

"It been an hour, will you tell me where are we going now." She exclaimed breaking the silence. "We are almost there." I responded turning the last turn on the road.

Eira didn't say anything and let me lead over. I parked the car getting nearby and before getting off the car I gaze over Eira, "You can stay in the car if you want too----" I inquired opening the car door.

"You drove me for two hours just to stay in car-------" she blurted getting off the car. Why did I even ask?? I locked the car before crossing the road. And somehow Eira was already across the road.

"You can wait outside---- I mean-----" And before I could complete my sentence the cold gaze shotted making me zip my mouth. "Are you going to buy drug?" Eira simply appeared making my foot stop as we were walking.