III | the talk & breakup

"THATS SUCH BULLSHIT, right? It's obvious that Mia and Jordan are talking, so why is he leading Amerie on?" I question, twirling the telephone wire as I hear Ellie hum in interest. I separate my lips to continue, "Also—"

The sound of the door whooshing open interrupts me, stealing my attention in a millisecond. I peek over to unexpectedly see Daniel... with his shirt off.

"I'll call you right back, Ellie," I whisper almost out of breath, hanging up before I adjust myself on my bed. My back was against the headboard whilst the look of full bafflement sat on my countenance.

An audible gulp comes from my throat. "What... what are you doing here?" I ask, squeezing my hand on the blanket 'till my knuckles become white.

"You don't think about him, do you?" Daniel slowly walks to me. Once he arrives in front of my bed, he begins to crawl on it with no hesitance. He continued to creep toward me as his eyes hinted at some sexual desire. "Every time you're with your boyfriend, you can't help but think of me. Admit it. Admit that I'm better than him."

"I..." I was speechless. My eyes were wide whilst numerous things were circling my mind. There was nothing I could say, and Daniel appeared to get that indication.

"It's okay baby," he coos, "I'm here now. Let me do all of the work." He leans toward me yet abruptly stops, leaving me to feel his warm breath hovering over mine. He lifts his hand to brush my cheek before eventually shutting the space.

Then I wake up, shooting myself up from my bed.

'What the fuck? What just happened' I think, taking a deep breath as I brush my fingers through my hair. Great—now I can't nap without dreaming about Daniel. Nonetheless a dream about me cheating.

My boyfriend didn't show up to school today either, which doesn't help at all. Fuck, hopefully, he doesn't know.

My sight journeys over to the alarm clock peacefully sitting on my dresser. It was 11:53–the perfect time to steal a sip of water. Getting out of bed, I step down the stairs and push my way to the kitchen.

A yawn escapes my mouth whilst I stretch my arms tiredly. I pay no attention to my surroundings as I grab a bottle of water out of the fridge.

I seize a sip of the water, sighing in pleasure afterward. "You're wrong Daniel. I do think about him. I love him," I convince myself in a murmur, twisting the bottle cap back on.

"You're talking to me?"

The voice causes me to jump, resulting in me meeting Daniel across the counter. A red cup was wrapped around his slender fingers, and I was curious as to what was in it. Probably water at most.

I gulp nervously. "Er, no," I answer, "I actually didn't see you there, sorry." Expecting him to look at me weirdly, oddly he chuckles, shrugging before he steals another sip of his drink.

Should I go? I should go. I place my water bottle back in the fridge, attempting to walk off however his voice suddenly stops me. "Wait," he calls, causing me to shift my figure toward his. "Can we talk?"

His voice was in a shy whisper. I could tell he was nervous—anyone could. He fiddles with his fingers anxiously. his whole vibe is tense. He then begins to speak up as I raise my eyebrows, patiently waiting for his voice to break out.

"I know you know what happened last night." He slowly creeps up to lean beside me on the marble counter, tilting his head to keep his brown orbs on mine. However I refused to lock eyes with him, and I could feel my hands get clammy.

"I have a boyfriend," I blurt almost as if it was instinct.

His mood shifts. Now, he's looking at me oddly. His eyebrows lifted as if he'd just realized what I meant, shaking his head in denial rapidly. "No—no, this is not what this is about," he explains. Great, now I seem like an asshole. "That's not what I meant at all!"