XIII | the truth

EVER SINCE THE All-Valley karate tournament, things have changed. Johnny and Daniel's rivalry isn't fully gone, but they're not on each other's neck as much anymore. Thank the lord. But, there's one problem. As you know, my boyfriend, Daniel, won the tournament, and not only did he win trophies—he won the attention of more girls.

They never batted an eye toward LaRusso 'till now. Every second that I'm with him, a girl is flirting with him and asking for his signature. Boys too. It's like one day Daniel's getting bullied now he's gaining more fans than Elvis Presley himself.

Daniel would tell the girls, 'I have a girlfriend' with an uncomfortable cheeky smile on his face, knowing how defensive I get in situations like that. Anyway, it's the beginning of January now, meaning that Christmas and New Year's have passed. The last month has been like a fucking rollercoaster.

I've been getting distant with some of my friends, finding myself hanging out with my boyfriend more often. Of course, Ellie, Bobby, Johnny, and some of my other friends were upset, but it's not like I'm ditching them. They barely invite me anywhere anymore.

Also, winter break was about to end, which meant school was coming back up. I'll miss sleepovers with Daniel, going on dates with him, staying over, and falling asleep to movies, and other stuff. I remember on Christmas he came over and officially met my dad—the reason why he never saw him before is because he's rarely home 'cause of work. I spent half an hour in the car assuring LaRusso that my father wasn't scary, yet his palms were sweaty as hell when he shook the man's hand.

Then New Year's came, and I went shopping with Derrick, his new girlfriend Melissa, and Daniel. I liked Melissa, she's my favorite girlfriend of his. Other than the past ones, like Ellie, I didn't think that they were good for him. But that was all the way back in seventh grade.

Now, present time, school is here. I woke up extra early to prepare myself for it. Whenever there's a big break from school, I almost forget my morning routine and eventually leave something I need at home. This time, I made sure I had everything. Leaving out the door with my brother, we walk to school together for about ten minutes before he leaves me to catch up with his friends.

Goosebumps fell all over my covered arms with the hoodie I was wearing when I stepped through the front door. Instantly, eyes land on me. It reminded me of the time when I walked inside the school the day after the party, multiple voices surrounding my ears I even heard my name a couple of times.

Shrugging it off, I assume that I'm probably overreacting. I can barely make it to my locker before a recognizable and annoying voice calls me. It was Leah. I'm starting to think she has a crush on me. She bothers me a lot, asks to hang out every two seconds, and when I blow her off, she starts yelling at me. I turn around as an irritated expression is on my mug. "What?"

She appears panicky as if she murdered someone. Gosh, I hope it isn't that. "I'm so sorry!" — Is all she utters, causing me to puzzle my eyebrows. What is she sorry about? "I didn't know that she was going to tell everyone! I promise you, I didn't mean to hurt you in any way—"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down!" I lift my hand in indication to stop the pacing. Soon, she starts to focus on her breathing, nodding while I wait for her to calm down. "Now, tell me what you're talking about."

She blurts it all out in one swift sentence. "I kind of told Riley that y'know Daniel while he was with Ali and don't get mad at me because it's not my fault! Riley is the one who made the stupid rumor of you sleeping with Daniel at the party even though it's not true, all you did was kiss him! She only did that so Alex can break up with you and she can get with him! We didn't know Alex would tell the whole school about it!"