VI | after last night

THE CLOCK IS ticking. My eyes trace back to the teacher before returning to the round timepiece. It's now officially two more minutes until school is over—which also means two more minutes until I prepare my 'talk' with LaRusso. Oh my goshhhh it's like this clock is fucking teasing me on purpose. Anytime now.

Two minutes turn into one, and one transforms into the dismissal bell ringing. I hastily shoot up from my seat as I grab my belongings, almost running out of the room and heading to my locker. Almost.

"Wanna head to the park with me and Riley?" Ellie asks, leaning on my locker while her mug is covered in curiosity. "I promise it'll be fun. I know you don't like Riley but just give her a chance!"

Sending my friend a—are you serious?—look, I place all of my folders in my locker before taking hold of my backpack. "After what she did to me last year? No, thank you," I sarcastically hum. Ellie's smile dies down. "I'm busy tonight anyway. Don't have time for you and Ms. 'I-want-your-boyfriend.'"

"Whatcha doing?"

I slam my locker with a brief snarky grin. "None of your business," I walk off after responding. I had no intention of coming off harsh, but I seriously had to take this. No distractions [y/n].

Once I arrived at the shit hole called home, my dog Layla comes running to jump and lick me. I giggle, "Layla," before my hands wrap around the warm animal, picking the mammal up so I can kiss her cheek. "Hey baby," I coo in baby talk, "did you miss me? Because I missed you!"

"I'm sure Alex doesn't find baby talk attractive."An unanticipated voice piped up.

My view pursues the noise to come across Derrick, and I roll my orbs before I can even think of a comeback. "Screw you," is what I can come up with from the top of my head. I gotta work on that. "Trust me when I say that he likes baby talk."

"You're so fucking gross dude." He conceals his smile and forces back his chuckle yet it's easy to tell he found my comment a bit funny. "I'm surprised Alex is the one who took your virginity. I thought you would've lost it earlier."

"Who said he took it?"

His jaw slightly drops as his eyes noticeably widen. He reached for the closet pillow—which was sitting on the couch—and threw it at me. "You asshole! You promised me that you would tell me if you lost it."

"I'm just messing with you, weirdo!" I laugh, watching my brother chuckle with me. That's when I realized why I was standing here, and suddenly blurt out, "Anyway, I need you to do me a favor."

"And that is..?" Derrick trails off, nosy about what I want.

"Daniel's address. He left his notebook at lunch. — I just wanted to return it," I add to avoid coming off sketchy. At first, I was anticipating him to be suspicious and ask me numerous sets of questions. However, a weirded-out 'okay?' is all the [h/c] boy utters before giving me the address.

My legs quickly run upstairs towards my bedroom, slamming the door as I push myself onto the bed. 19223 Saticoy Street, 19223 Saticoy Street, 19223 Saticoy Street, is what I repeat in my head so I don't forget.

Hours passed and it was getting dark. I've been pushing myself to 'talk' to Daniel for five hours now, but every time I felt my hand wrap around the front door knob, a weak sensation in my stomach occurs. It's hitting nine o'clock, furthermore, it's a school night. He's probably sleeping.

Oh, who am I kidding? No person goes to sleep at nine o clock unless they're fucking insane. He's up and I know it. Just go [y/n]. Gooooo!!!

Before I can comprehend it, my presence is lurking inside my car and I'm on the road, driving towards the given address. I was cursing myself out the whole ride — swearing that I would drive back home every time I had eye contact with a stop sign.