XI |cheater, cheater

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

I shush Ellie, placing my index finger over her talkative lips. "Can you be quiet for one second? I just told you to not overreact!" I mention before removing my digit from her mouth. We're in the locker rooms crowded with numerous amounts of girls—so I'd assume that Ellie would've got the hint when I started whispering.

I don't even know why I told her. She's the most untrustworthy person to spill your secrets to. However, I don't want my relationship with Daniel to be a secret. 'Till I'm ready for a specific person to find out...

"Johnny is gonna flip out," the girl renders as she takes off her shirt. I sigh, memorizing the time Johnny precisely told me. 'If you like Daniel I'll honestly stop talking to you.' Part of me believed that he was completely serious, but the other thought he was bluffing. He and I are close friends and he's willing to throw it all away because of someone I'm dating.

I withdraw the piece of cloth to replace it with my gym uniform, fixing the loose strands of hair by tucking it behind my ear. "It doesn't matter. Last time I checked, Johnny isn't my boyfriend."

Ellie shrugged before tying her hair up. "I don't know, man. First Daniel took Ali from him and now he's taking away his best friend," she observed, placing her foot against the concrete that lay beneath her locker to tie her shoes. "If I was Johnny I'd be really upset."

See, this is why I had mixed emotions about telling Ellie. I know most people want their friends to tell them the truth rather than assuring them with nonsense, but I'm not one of those friends. I at least expected her to tell me everything was going to be alright!

I eventually finish putting on my gym uniform and shoes, pulling out my lipgloss from my purse to reapply it on my lips. The noise of me shutting the locker is in sync with the other girls. Getting ready to exit the locker room, the calling of my name catches my attention. I shift my figure to come upon Ellie continuing to tie her shoes. "[y/n], wait on me!" She says, erupting a nod from me as I stand there, impatiently rushing her to hurry.

When she finishes, we stroll out of the room. I figured we were going to do basketball for this period again since it was freezing outside, and it was the beginning of December. Normally we would do outside activities during the heat but it's 35 degrees, and I refused to go outside with these uniform shorts.

Ellie and I decided to sit on the bleachers. So did a couple of girls and guys. A tall figure then sits beside me, stealing my engagement that was captivated on the court. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes. He looked extremely unrecognizable. I wonder if he transferred or I've just never seen him here before in my life.

He then noticed my stare, causing me to quickly jerk my head back onto the court where I spot Daniel and Johnny playing. I could sense the stranger smiling, his lingering gaze staying on my complexion for a comfortable amount of time before he looked away.

On the other hand, Ellie could not stop talking, regardless of how I wasn't paying any attention to the girl—nodding every now and then to let her know I was not fully ignoring her.

I then spot two familiar set of boys. Johnny and Daniel were on the same team, going against another group of seniors with a yellow cloth around their wrist to identify which team was which. I puzzle my brows, intrigued by the game. I observed how every time Lawrence had the ball whilst LaRusso was open, he'd purposely not throw the basketball toward him.

I witnessed Daniel mouth something to the blonde, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Shrugging it off and assuming that it wasn't a big deal, I'm clearly wrong when Johnny 'accidentally' shoves himself into Daniel, resulting in the raven-haired boy falling on the ground.