V | halloween dance

I STRETCH MY legs, switching to each one every twenty seconds. Johnny and Bobby were talking my ears off as I was in my own world—completely oblivious to what they were yapping about.

That, until I suddenly hear my name. "[y/n]," Johnny calls. I hum in curiosity, eventually laying my attention on him. "Did you hear what I said? I said that for the Halloween dance, we're going as skeletons. You in?"

Nodding, I quickly agree without hesitation. "Sure, sounds fun." I switch the other leg to my right one. It's like any Saturday. I hang out with Johnny and Bobby, practicing karate—(even though I'm not in Cobra Kai, I just find it fun)—and playing video games.

They're pretty decent when they're not assholes. Because trust me, I know that they can be assholes. However, once you know them for a good amount of time, they're pretty chill. It's hard hanging around them since they drag down my reputation. I remember this one time I was denied from joining the 'peace club' since I was friends with Johnny and them.

It's bullshit. But what do you expect? Abandon my (probably only) friends who understand me?

"Oh my God, this game is fucking stupid!" Bobby yells. He's playing on his Nintendo, raging at Super Mario Bros. I hear Johnny giggle on my right, peeking over to see his hand over his mouth whilst he tries his best to contain his laughter.

"Nah, you just suck man," he teases. I laugh along with him before Bobby shoots us a glare, causing us to pipe down. The blonde then pulls out a lighter, following along with a cigarette. He noticed my staring, which resulted in him attempting to hand the cigarette over to me, however, I denied his offer.

He shrugs. "Whatever, your loss." He inhaled the smoke for a brief second before exhaling. A slight cough escapes his system but he quickly covers it up. "So, [y/n], whatcha been up to?"

A gap opens between my lips. Beginning to speak, Bobby unintentionally cuts me off. "Other than fucking that weirdo?" He adds, glimpsing away from the Nintendo to hopefully witness a reaction out of me. I was wrong, they're still assholes. At least Bobby is.

"Yeah, did you really sleep with him? He's a total weirdo," the blonde gossips, wrapping his lips around the cigarette. I examined his complexion when he inhaled the smoke and puffed it with satisfaction.

My eyebrows then scrunch up in puzzlement. "Weirdo? He seems nice to me," I murmur. Johnny shoots me an odd look—as if I called his whole family monkeys. "What?" I awkwardly chuckle at the uncomfortable stare, continuing with, "Why are you looking at me like that? how is he weird?!"

Bobby turns around from the game to catch sight of us again. Although his eyes are mostly on Johnny. "You gonna tell her or am I?"

Johnny smirks at the brunette before explaining. "So, a couple of months ago, about three, Ali had this party. Me and the guys crashed it, and I tried to talk to Ali, but LaRusso just had to poke his nose in my business. So before I knew it, he punched me. He has serious anger issues."

At first, I didn't believe it, yet their appearance coated with concern hastily changed my mind. My jaw drops as my eyebrows lift in shock. "He punched you? No fucking way."

"And he's poor as shit too," Bobby chimes in, "he lives in like one of those trashy apartments. I don't know how Ali likes him."

"Shut the fuck up, dude!"

"Shit—sorry man!" Bobby apologies, lacking genuine interest. He then bursts out laughing but his awareness is still stuck on the game. "I forgot you aren't over her," he chuckled one last time.

The two go back and forth, meanwhile, I'm processing Lawrence's words. Daniel, violent? No way. But then again, I don't know much about him. Punching Johnny first is a low blow, especially if it was for no reason.