XIV | a kid again

"WAS IT WORTH it? No. But does she deserve it? One hundred fucking percent." Johnny had been yapping whilst munching on my snacks on my couch for an hour straight. Currently, he's blabbing about the time I 'attacked' Riley. "See, no one likes her. They were all cheering you on—wait you heard me cheering for you right?"

He pauses mid-way on the cheese balls he's eating for a response. I've been working on my homework, sitting on the floor as I used the coffee table to write on my paper. "Yeah, I heard you," I tell, keeping my sight fixated on the paper.

"Good, 'cause I was like the loudest one there," he states, suddenly stopping when a cheese ball falls on the floor. He lazily reaches down to seize it and throws it inside the trash near the couch, somehow not missing the shot. "I didn't know you could get crazy like that either. I thought you only knew how to scratch but nooo, that bitches casket was waiting for her."

He laughs and I smile at how amusing he was being. He's also high. It's clear from the redness in his eyes but I never mentioned it or asked him. Johnny being high is my favorite Johnny.

The door swiftly opens, revealing Derrick and Daniel walking inside. I didn't know they were coming home so soon. The two friends went out somewhere with Melissa. I was originally supposed to go however I'm stuck doing homework. "Yo, Johnny," Derrick greets.

The blonde lifts his figure from the couch before turning around. He swings his hand in a waving motion whilst saying, "Yo, Derrick." I sit there, watching my brother and best friend bump their fist, then witnessing Daniel and Johnny just awkwardly stare at each other. Like I said, the rivalry isn't completely gone.

Johnny came over to my house a couple of times to where Derrick and him are sort of cool but aren't friends. They'd never hang out with one another, talk to each other more than once a day, or even sit in the same spot unless I was there. I know the reason why, clearly. But now that I'm with Daniel, he's simply going to accept the fact that Lawrence and I are friends, and it'll stay that way. Besides, Johnny is kind of accepting of me and Daniel dating.

LaRusso shifts his sight away from Johnny, his lips curling up into a smile. "What are you doing?" He asks, tucking his hands in the pockets of his jeans as he makes his way toward me. Johnny quietly scoffs with a smile, finding anything Daniel does 'funny.'

"Homework from fifth period," I answer, vision glued to the paper and good grip on the yellow pencil resting in my hand. I then steal a glance of my brother standing beside my sitting figure. "Why do you ask? Wanna help?" I question, a teasing smile on my face.

Daniel pouts his mouth, looking away and playfully pretending to ponder my words. "Uhhh" — "He can't," Derrick interrupts, causing me to place my sight on him instead. "We're about to watch this movie in my room. Melissa gave me this VHS."

He then lifts the tape, proving his sentence as if I doubted it. Daniel turns around to look back at me, also supporting his words by nodding. I fake frown, acting like it hurt my feelings. "What movie is it? Let me watch it with you guys," Johnny pipes up, placing his feet on the floor while stretching.

The room suddenly freezes. Two sets of eyes lay on me—none of them being Lawrence's. Their expressions screamed that they needed help from me. But what could I do? I don't own Johnny. "Shit, I guess I'll stay down here then," the blonde giggles when he notices the uncomfortable stares shooting toward me. He plops his body back down on the couch. "You know, just gonna stay down here with [y/n]. Alone. While her boyfriend is upstairs. Having no clue what she and I will do..."

He continues to add to his sentence, desperately wanting a reaction out of Daniel. However, Derrick mouths 'Is he high?' and I hastily shake my head yes to the question. "Alright, you can come with us," Daniel finally agreed, resulting in a satisfied blondie.