VIII | what's good for me?

"WHY? IS EVERYTHING okay?"

His tone is full of sincerity and concern. The glaring screen coming from the television is the only thing providing light in the dark living room. An inaudible sigh escapes my lips, heat surrounding my body as I think of what to say next.

All I do is nod, following up with, "No. I can't sleep." Suddenly, the warmth shortly fades away and it comes to be cold. I fold my arms for any feeling of heat, slightly shivering. "My dad is too busy occupying my brain. I can't stop thinking about him. I really want to know if he's okay or not," I admit.

Daniel shoots up from the couch in concern, saving his thoughts to gradually walk towards me. His figure pauses directly in front of me—his big brown eyes piercing through my [e/c] ones. I anticipate him comforting me with his words, though I feel a pair of arms hugging me instead.

At first, I'm surprised at the abrupt motion, yet I give into the embrace anyway. My hands hesitantly wrap around the male whilst he keeps his hands inches above my waist. I could feel the warm sensation of his breath laying on my neck, signaling goosebumps to travel throughout my skin.

Speaking of skin, he's still shirtless. Is it that bad that this is kind of turning me on? Probably. We were talking about us being 'just friends' not even an hour ago. Jesus, [y/n], give yourself a break.

The boy then removes his leaning head from off of me, gazing at me with his exhausted eyes. I had no clue what was going on as my lips faintly departed in bewilderment. An audible swallow leaves my system when his sight flickers between my two orbs before trailing down to my lips, focusing on me with eyes that scream submissive.

There was a chance I could've been hallucinating, but I know for a fact that I'm not when he calls out my name in a low needy whisper. "[y/n]."

"Yeah?" I whisper back, almost too quickly. I observe his eyebrows, the inner corners angled up whilst it's lowered and pulled closer together. It's obvious he was desperate for something—but I needed him to tell me what it was before I went and assumed something completely different.

His hands stick around inches above my waist, taking one away to grab my hand that was resting above his shoulder. He then brings our palms near his chest. "I couldn't stop thinking about you," he confesses. Surprise robbed the air from my lungs, leaving me speechless merely for him to add, "I want you."

Part of me is convinced that there's no possible way he felt the same way about me, and the other is glad. However, I can't just think about me. "What about Ali? I thought you two were together..." I notice Daniel roll his eyes in irritation as soon as I mentioned the name: Ali.

He pokes his tongue against the side of his inner cheek. He avoids my intrigued stare, considering what I said before muttering, "We aren't. She broke up with me yesterday." His tone was a collage of slight annoyance whilst the other contained relief. This is all so sudden. One second ago we were arguing then the other he was telling me how much he wants me.

I scoff, deserting his touch. My last relationship with Alex went to shit all because of him. I'm not forgetting that. "Oh, so you only want me because Ali isn't busy sucking your dick? No thanks Daniel, I'm not setting myself up for drama. Like you said, all actions have consequences," I sarcastically quote him, a smile of frustration coating my complexion.

Making an effort to turn around and step back into his room, his hand wrapping around my wrist stops me mid-way. I glare at him annoyed, wondering what he could want. "[y/n], please." He slowly brings me closer. It was like I was stuck in a trance and there was no way to escape—it's not like I wanted to anyway.

There's a seven-inch distance between our bodies. He is so close, making it hard to resist the urge to get any closer. My breathing breaks free from its usual pattern when LaRusso grasps my hand, pressing a soft delicate kiss on the knuckle. Why does he have such a hold on me?