Chapter 9: Blood-Starved

Legend:

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Speaking"

*Sound Effects*

(Author Notes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us" - Charles Darwin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Side note: The beginning of the chapter is taken right from The Death Of Sleep, the first Bloodborne graphic novel, only the beginning though)

'Does the nightmare ever end?'

The Dreaming Hunter gripped the Saw Cleaver in his right hand as he looked at the burning fires of Old Yharnam. The smoke darkened the sky, the moon unable to be seen, but the Hunter merely moved forward into the old town.

'I am awake again. Am I awake?' The Hunter asked himself, as he moved through the streets he saw a chapel ahead of him and saw the fires were spreading towards it. 'This is not the first time. I've been here before

The sounds of a Yharnamite corrupted by the Ashen Blood groaned out as the man wielded a Hunter's Axe and swung at the Dreaming Hunter who dodged and slashed off the Yharnamite head.

'I remember you all' The Hunter thought, as he looked at the head, but had to keep moving, this was the only path he could go down now. He had to find Paleblood.

Soon the sounds of more beasts began to be heard, as the growls of dogs, the first infected patients, and more began to be heard as they found the Dreaming Hunter and snarled at his presence, until they rushed towards him, and the Dreaming Hunter did the same. The Dreaming Hunter slashed the Saw Cleaver against the infected patients killing them, and slashed down at one of the dogs only for it to dodge and bite down on the Dreaming Hunter's arm. The Hunter bit his tongue to prevent himself from screaming, as he then fired a bullet at an Infected Patient before slamming the dog down to the ground and stabbing it with his Saw Cleaver. The Hunter looked up and did a quick slash with the Saw Cleaver killing more of the beasts.

The Dreaming Hunter took several breaths, looked up to see the burning chapel, and began walking towards it, while grabbing a blood vial, and with a syringe stabbed it into his leg allowing the wounds to heal as he stood in front of the chapel.

"Open the damn gate and save yourselves!" The Dreaming Hunter yelled, "The Cathedral is burning!"

The door didn't open at first, but soon it did.

"No. Dear Hunter. You get in. Your fate won't wait forever" the voice of a familiar hunter was heard as the door opened up and the Dreaming Hunter saw the rest of the Powder Keg's within the room. "Welcome Back"

The voice that spoke was Djura, leader of the Powder Kegs. The Powder Kegs were known for their very powerful, exotic, and deadly weaponry, which labeled them as heretics, and with their decisions made tonight within Old Yharnam that would be even more so. Some of their weapons were: The Boom Hammer, Rifle Spear, Stake Driver, and even a Gattling Gun. Djura smiled as he saw the Dreaming Hunter enter the Cathedral as two Powder Kegs sealed the door behind the Dreaming Hunter.

 Djura smiled as he saw the Dreaming Hunter enter the Cathedral as two Powder Kegs sealed the door behind the Dreaming Hunter