Chapter 5 Willow

A little while later in the bathroom,After her rejuvenating skincare routine, Katrina decided to indulge in a long, relaxing shower. The warm water cascaded down her body, washing away the stresses of the day. The scent of jasmine and vanilla filled the air, wrapping her in a comforting embrace. As she stepped out, feeling refreshed and renewed, startled by the sudden interruption, Katrina's heart raced as she heard a knock on the bathroom door. She quickly wrapped herself in a towel and cautiously called out, "who is it?" Waiting anxiously for a response, Xavier then said its me
Katrina's irritation flared as Xavier's voice echoed through the bathroom door. " I'll be out when I'm ready, Xavier," said Katrina, the edge of annoyance clear in her tone. She quickly finished drying off, feeling frustrated by his impatience invading her peaceful moment .After hastily finishing her routine, Katrina emerged from the bathroom, her expression a mixture of annoyance and curiosity. "What do you want, Xavier?" she questioned, her tone sharp. She was eager to find out what had been so urgent that he couldn't wait a few moments longer.I apologise what I said earlier I didn't mean to sound harsh or anything I just cant tell,you exactly why I did what I did yet said Xavier.Katrina's anger dissipated as she heard Xavier's apology. She replied , "It's okay, Xavier. Whenever you're ready to talk am always here, Katrina excused herself and headed downstairs, Katrina settled herself in the kitchen, signing with a sense of frustration, "Chef Laker, why do you think he lashed out at my teacher?" Katrina inquired, seeking Chef Laker's perspective on the situation with Xavier.Chef Laker hesitated and stammered, "I'm not quite sure, miss." "Hmm, okay," replied Katrina, her expression thoughtful as she processed Chef Laker's response. Upon seeing Xavier descend the stairs, Katrina swiftly made her way to her room and secured the door, Xavier stood at the foot of the stairs, a look of surprise and concern crossing his face as he watched Katrina hastily retreat to her room and lock the door. Confusion and worry enveloped him, Katrina paced back and forth in her room, her mind racing with questions and uncertainties. "Oh my God, why did I suddenly run to my room as I saw him? I'm such an idiot," she chastised herself. She wrestled with the turmoil of conflicting emotions and half-formed suspicions. "But he can't blame me. He attacked my teacher and didn't tell me why. Why hasn't my mother fired him and hired a new one? Does she know what he did?" Katrina's thoughts swirled ominously, tainted by suspicion and unease. Determined to seek answers, she reached for her phone and dialed her mother's number, only to be met with the unyielding silence of an unanswered call. "Of course she doesn't answer, what made me think she would?" she muttered, the weight of uncertainty settling heavily upon her shoulders .Exhaustion weighed heavy on Katrina as she reflected on her uneventful day spent at home. "What did I even do today? I should go out for a walk and clear my head," she mused, recognizing the need to change her environment to shake off the mental fog that had settled upon her. However, the thought of Xavier, her ever-present bodyguard, tracking her every move dampened her enthusiasm. "He's going to have to follow me since he's my bodyguard. Ugh," she groaned, Feeling drained and in need of support, Katrina made a firm decision. "Ugh, this is exhausting. I should go check on Willow and tell her what's going on. I need my best friend right now," she declared, Katrina took a moment to compose herself before getting dressed and making her way downstairs. With a sense of purpose, she sought out the housekeepers and Xavier, informing them of her intention to visit Willow. "I'm going to see Willow," she announced, They all nodded in agreement, then Katrina and Xavier headed to the car. The driver took them to Willow's house,A little while later as Katrina arrived at Willow's house, a sense of dread washed over her when she saw police cars and an ambulance surrounding the property. Her heart raced as she spotted Willow standing motionless, her friend was frozen in a state of shock. Katrina ran to Willow, wrapping her in a tight hug ,Willow remained motionless in Katrina's arms, Katrina reluctantly released Willow from her hug and watched in shock as the ambulance crew solemnly carried away two bodies in carriers meant for the deceased. The reality of the situation sank in, sending a shiver down Katrina's spine as she realized the gravity of what had occurred.