𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫

(real life)

they all spent the day laughing and talking with each other, they went out for a few drinks, had dinner and went back to the hotel. some people were a bit tipsy, but lillie and arthur were still sober.

it was quite late at night so everyone decided to go up to their rooms. lillie went to becky's room for about an hour and arthur went to george's room, until they both got tired and went to their own room.

as lillie was walking back to her and arthur's room, she read and replied to some comments on her instagram posts. she was getting so much hate and she didn't understand what she had done wrong for people to turn on her like that.

she had been called all the names under the sun and decided that was enough before she was going to start crying, so she put her phone away.

she walked in the door and saw arthur laying on the bed on his phone. she kept her head down and didn't say anything so he wouldn't see the tears in her eyes. "lillie?" he asks with concern.

she doesn't answer and just walks straight into the bathroom, shutting the door. she leans against the sink and puts her head in her hands, sighing. she didn't know why the hate was bothering her so much.

"lillie." arthur knocks on the bathroom door, "you alright?"

"yeah, im just brushing my teeth," her voice shakes slightly as she speaks, and of course, arthur notices.

"can i come in?" he asks softly.

"yeah." she fans her eyes so there isn't any tears about to fall.

"is it the hate?" arthur says, walking towards her.

she sighs.

"lillie, i've told you not to worry about the hate, you're perfe- " he stops himself before he can say the rest of that word and instead, says, "the hate comments aren't true."

"how do you know?

"i may think you're a twat, but i think you're a pretty twat. does that help?" he says, walking closer to her. they are really close to each other.

lillie clears her throat, "no, it doesn't help," she laughs.

arthur slightly smiles as his eyes flicker to her lips. they keep leaning closer and closer and it's almost like they're going to... kiss?

their lips touch for a split second when they both get a fright at arthur's phone ringing. lillie widens her eyes at what just happened and clears her throat, running a hand through her hair. arthur scratches the back of his head awkwardly and says, "it's george."

she nods as arthur walks out of the bathroom. she leans her head against the sink and sighs, annoyed at herself for letting this happen. 'im supposed to hate him,' she thinks. all she knows is that she needs to tell becky.

she's about to get her phone out to text her when arthur comes back into the bathroom and says, "george said that everyone's going to his room for a bit because no one can get to sleep, do you wanna go?"

"yeah, sure." she says, awkwardly.

"okay, you can go if you're ready, im just gonna get changed."

she nods quickly and practically runs out of the door to get to george's room.

she bursts into his room and immediately pulls becky into the bathroom, "we need words. it's about arthur." lillie says seriously, and becky smiles happily and claps her hands, excited.