𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬.

(real life)

becky was shocked after lillie explained what had happened, "WHAT!" she shouts. lillie covers becky's mouth trying to shut her up so no one hears - but, of course, everyone comes rushing into the bathroom.

"whats happened?" some say with concern, others just looking at us with worry.

"i-" lillie starts to speak, but becky interrupts her.

"LILLIE AND ARTHUR ALMOST KISSED." she says, and everyone gasps loudly.

"you've got to be joking." everyone hears arthur say.

"fuck sake," lillie whispers under her breath. becky mouths the words, "im so sorry" to her and lillie nods, mouthing, "it's okay," back.

everyone is still standing in shock when arthur walks out of the room. "arthur." lillie says, walking out the door behind him.

everyone starts smiling and cheering, they knew it was gonna happen at some point.

meanwhile, lillie is trying to stop arthur from walking away. "arthur, stop."

"why did you tell everyone? it's not even a big deal so i don't know why you're making it a big deal." he says, turning around to face her, but as soon as he saw her, his eyes softened.

"arthur, i'm not making it a big deal i-" she tries to explain but arthur interrupts her.

"then why did you tell everyone?"

"im trying to explain, stop interrupting me." she scoffs.

"don't turn this into an argument lillie." he sighs.

"me turn it into an argument?! are you fucking kidding me, arthur? i'm not the one who just stormed out of the room and was ignoring me instead of actually acting like a fucking adult for once."

"oh fuck off lillie, i can't be bothered for this arguing anymore, it's immature as fuck."

"okay then, that's fine, we'll not argue anymore. friends?" she says, sarcastically.

"can you ever be serious? for once in your fucking life, can you please just be serious?"

"i am being serious. you want to be friends? let's be friends."

"no, i don't want to be friends." arthur rolls his eyes.

"then what do you want to be?"

"honestly?" he asks, and she nods, waiting for a response.

he sighs, "strangers. i want to be complete fucking strangers. there's something about you that drives me crazy and i don't want to feel like that, ever again. "

"let's do that then." lillie ignores the feeling of her heart dropping at his response. she thought he would say he wanted to be her boyfriend or even just her friend. they almost kissed, how can he be so stupid and leave her like that?

"okay." he says, also ignoring the feeling of his heart dropping at the thought of not speaking to her. he puts his hand out for her to shake.

she shakes his hand and finds herself holding onto it for longer than she should. "you sure you want to pretend like i don't exist for the rest of your life?"

he hesitates, "no, i'm not. but if this is what it takes to make me stop feeling how i feel about you, then i'll gladly do it," he walks away.

"we still have to share a room, you know!" she shouts down the hallway.

"i'll sleep on the floor." he shouts back.

she shakes her head, smiling. she knew this wouldn't last long and she was going to do everything in her power to stop him from ignoring her. this was going to be fun.