𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭

(real life)

everyone had been out for the night and most were drunk, including lillie, but arthur only had a few drinks so he was still pretty sober.

lillie was stumbling around everywhere, laughing and singing with everyone and arthur couldn't help but smile at how happy she looked. she hadn't looked that happy in so long. they were going home tomorrow so everyone decided to go all out and get drunk.

arthur feels a tap on his shoulder and turns around to see lillie smiling sweetly at him.
"can i have a piggyback?" she doesn't wait for an answer and jumps on his back.

"you're absolutely battered, lillie," arthur laughs. her head falls onto his shoulder as she slurs her words, "im so tired."

"we're nearly at the hotel," arthur says, softly. he's so close to giving up on the ignoring act.

she sighs and leans her head against his shoulder as he walks with her on his back. chris smiles knowingly at arthur and he rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

they get back to the hotel and everyone says goodnight and stumbles back to their rooms. arthur puts an arm around lillie's waist and helps her to their room, and even though she's off her face, a shiver goes down her spine when she feels his touch.

they get into the room and lillie falls onto the bed, already half asleep. "dont fall asleep, lillie. you need to get changed and take your makeup off," he pulls her up from the bed and takes her to the bathroom.

she sits up on the bathroom counter and stares into space. her head falls onto arthur's shoulder, "i'm so fucking tired," she groans.

"i know, but i know how serious you are about taking your makeup off before bed."

he gets a makeup wipe from the side and gives it to her, but she shakes her head, "you do it."

he sighs and starts to wipe her makeup off. he notices a tear roll down her face, "what's wrong?" he says, concerned.

"i don't know." she says, truthfully.

"that's okay. you don't have to know." arthur says, softly.

she nods and smiles. he smiles back and puts his head down, not wanting her to see his blush on his cheeks.

she sniffed and wipes the tear away. "you sure you're okay? i would say i can go and get chris or becky but they wouldn't be much help - have you seen how drunk they are?" he laughs, trying to cheer her up at least a little bit.

she laughs and puts her head in her hands. "i always cry when i'm drunk."

"i know you do. i've seen you full on sobbing your heart out to Bride and Gloom because you were so proud of arthur," he says.

"i do not remember that at all," she shakes her head.

they stay in silence for a while until she says, "can i go to bed now?"

arthur hands her some pyjamas and says, "get changed into these and then you can."

she groans dramatically as arthur walks
out of the bathroom, leaving her to get changed.

"you okay?" he asks her.

she nods uncertainly.

"lillie. it's okay if you're not okay, you do know that?"

"yeah, i know that," she says, climbing into bed next to him.

"good." he starts to make a line of pillows down the middle of the bed as they have done every night of the holiday, but lillie stops him, "just leave it."

"okay?" he's confused, but does what she says, and leaves the pillows and quickly drifts off to sleep.

the next morning

"what the actual fuck."