Chapter 19

Chaeyoung's eyes fell on Lisa, who was across the room leaning against the bar. It was crowded tonight, there were lots of women here, but Chaeyoung only had eyes for the blonde. She picked up her drink and headed over to greet her.  "Hey."

"Hey yourself."

"You look great."

"You look stunning."

Chaeyoung smiled at her, reached down and grabbed her hand. She began to lead her towards the bathroom. They went into the ladies' room and slipped into one of the stalls. Once the door was closed Chaeyoung pushed Lisa against it and slipped a hand into the top of her pants, her finger dancing around the top of her panties. She moved her lips close to Lisa's, close but not touching, just a whisper away. Lisa leaned into her and captured her lips, grabbed the back of Chaeyoung's neck and brought her closer still, her tongue pushing its way into Chaeyoung's mouth, making them both moan and writhe against each other. Chaeyoung began slowly unbuttoning Lisa's jeans, pushing the zipper down, slipping her fingers under the soft cotton underwear, her knuckle brushing against her slick opening. She was so wet, drenched. Lisa broke off the kiss to moan "yes" into Chaeyoung's ear, making Chaeyoung shudder with anticipation ...

With a jolt Chaeyoung sat up in bed, panting. Holy fuck. When her heart rate settled down she collapsed back onto her bed. Chaeyoung was soaked. And it wasn't sweat. Yes, she just had another wet dream. Starring Lisa Manoban. Jesus Christ, she felt like an adolescent boy. Both dogs were on the bed, staring at her intently, with their heads cocked. "It's okay boys, just an X-rated dream, no big deal, with some woman I barely know, and barely like."

She gave them each a pat on the head, and got up to get a glass of water, padding around naked in her kitchen, leaning against the counter, thinking back to what was happening right before she woke up. She closed her eyes to try and continue the fantasy, but the spell was broken. She put her glass back into the sink and headed to her bedroom, shaking her head. Why on earth was she dreaming of the blonde doctor? She didn't even like her. Number one, she was rich, number two she was a surgeon, and number three, she owned a cat. And she was annoying as hell. And argumentative. And she was pretty sure she looked down her nose at her. Yes, she was attractive, beautiful even. And utterly unavailable, let's not forget that.

She crawled back beneath the covers and tried to go back to sleep, but her thoughts kept circling back to the kiss in her dream. She lay awake for hours, mulling over the reason for these sex dreams, but couldn't come up with any answers. Their slow dance the other night had quite the effect on her. She enjoyed the feeling of Lisa in her arms, even though they continued to antagonize each other. It felt "right" holding her somehow. How the hell that was possible, she had no idea. It was a dynamic that she had never been exposed to before, a little snark and a lot of attraction. And the fact that Lisa had previously been with a woman really caught her off guard. 

When Chaeyoung had left the bar, she had called Kyla to try and blow off some sexual steam. They hooked up, both agreeing that their relationship could be physical, without commitment. Which was fine for Chaeyoung, she enjoyed Kyla's company, but didn't find herself swooning or falling hard for her. As long as they were both on the same page, things would be fine. She sighed and tried to banish Lisa from her thoughts. Finally, sleep found her around four a.m.

*  *  *

A couple of days later, Chaeyoung drove up to Lisa's house to pick up Oliver, and noticed the garage door was open. The last few weeks she had just been using the hide-a-key to get into the house for the dog, which was par for the course with most of her clients. But, it looked like someone was home. She prayed it was the fiancé, as she was not ready to lay eyes on Lisa today, not so soon after that last dream. She saw her Saturday night at the bar and that was plenty. She got out of the van and knocked on the door.