Chapter 32

Jisoo and Jennie were putting the finishing touches on the house, getting ready to host about fifty people. The caterer had the food set up, the bar was stocked, the keg was tapped and they were just about finished.

Jen came in from the backyard to find Jisoo filling up bowls of popcorn and situating them all around the rooms.

"What are you doing?"

"This is for any Chaelisa moments. If something starts up, and really, it's not if, it's when, no matter where they are, I have my popcorn."

"You are prodigious!"

"I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure it's a compliment," and Jisoo high fived her. "Fucking prodigious baby!"

A couple hours later and the party was in full swing, the beer and alcohol were flowing freely, the music was pumping. Lisa and Jungkook were just arriving. "Bout time you two, I'm practically thirty-five."  

"Oh please, your birthday was Tuesday, you're already on your way to thirty-five." Lisa gave Jisoo a kiss and handed her a birthday card. "Sorry we're late, I got hung up at work."

"It's okay, I forgive you. What do you guys want to drink?"

"Lisa probably wants a beer." Jungkook looked to Lisa for affirmation, and she nodded, "And I'll have a Stoli on the rocks, if you have it."

"I think we do, give me your coats, I'll put them upstairs."

"Wow, there's a lot of people here," Jungkook said after Jisoo left with their jackets. They found themselves wedged into a sea of bodies in the living room.

"I know, I don't even recognize most of them. Guess they're work friends."

"Oh hey, there's Chaeyoung over there," Jungkook said.

Lisa looked across the room at her dream lover. She visibly swallowed, as her most recent dream came flooding back to her. They were driving somewhere in a car, Lisa at the wheel, Chaeyoung in her ear, or she should say, Chaeyoung's tongue in her ear, hand down Lisa's pants, one finger inside. It was totally awkward and totally crazy hot, and a little bit unsafe, since Lisa kept closing her eyes in ecstasy, not watching for oncoming traffic. She shook her head a little to clear those thoughts from her mind. Lisa took a quick inventory of what Chaeyoung was wearing. She had on tight-fitting jeans, and a sheer white button-down long sleeved top, with a black camisole underneath. Step one of De-infatuation just flew out the window, how the hell was she supposed to not think about her in that get-up? Chaeyoung was talking close with an attractive, short-haired blonde woman, and Lisa surmised that is must be the woman she was dating, or sleeping with. 

There was a small tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see Lee Ji-eun and Jong-Suk.

"Oh my god," Lisa said, as she reached out and gave them both a hug. "What are you guys doing here? Do you know Jisoo?"

Lee Ji-eun smiled at her, "I met them a few weeks ago at Chaeyoung's farm. We've been texting ever since. I love her."

"She's great, how's Minjae?"

"He's really good, almost recovered. He's bouncing off the walls. I'm trying to keep him inactive so he heals, but that's next to impossible. You're coming to dinner soon, right? We have to set a date."

"Yes, just text me or call me, I can't wait."

Jungkook cleared his throat. Lisa had forgotten all about him. "Oh, I'm sorry honey, Lee Ji-eun and Jong-Suk, this is Jungkook, my fiancé."