XiaoVen AU

Koko was just laying on the grass somewhere in Liyue, where he breathes in some fresh air while looking at some nearby dandelions, spreading their seeds using his wind.

At this particular night, he was a bit bored and wanted some company with him...

And what not better timing to call for his lover, The Vigilant Yaksha, Ash.

"Ash... Come to me, please." Koko called out softly. He didn't even have to yell Ash's name, he just had to call for him, and he will come at his location.

And as expected, Ash teleported right next to Koko, taking off his mask as he was just slaying demons before being called by the god.

"Lord Al... You called for me. Anything you need of my assistance? Monsters?" Ash asked, his guard up in case anything was within their perimeter, with Koko gently reaching out for the yaksha's hand.

"No. No need for slaying monsters... I called you here because I wanted some company. You wouldn't want your dear god to be lonely, won't you?" Koko asked, before chuckling softly.

As he did so, he patted his hand on the ground.

"You don't need to do anything right now, you can just lie down next to me." Koko said, as Ash obediently does what he had requested.

The pair just stare at the night sky in silence, before Ash breaks the silent moment...

"I... Don't understand. Why do such purposeless things?" He asks Koko, turning to face him, wondering why the god wants him to do nothing.

"Purposeless? Doing nothing is also a purpose." Koko replied, sighing contently as he had a fine night drinking wine.

"It's not, Lord Al..." Ash replies, now looking back at the starry night sky.

"You don't take a break? And I told you long ago to drop the formalities... Just call me Al or Koko, whichever of the two is more suitable for you." Koko said, looking concerned that Ash hadn't been taking some of his advice to even rest a bit.

Ash just shook his head. "Remaining vigilant is my duty..." He replied. He took his job very seriously, enough to make Koko worry sometimes.

"Then why don't we count the stars? At least we aren't doing nothing, right?" Koko asked, scooting closer to Ash, enough to let his head rest against his chest.

Ash just silently blushed, but deep down, his heart was beating as loud as a hurricane with the god just so close to him like that... So intimately and lovingly...

"One, two, three..." Koko started counting, going on and on for a while.

"Fifty one, fifty two... Hey Ash, look!" Koko said, now sitting up to admire the stars.

"The stars, they're so close... What if they were to fall on top of one another, hm?" Koko pondered aloud to Ash, blissfully happy and content about sharing such a tender moment with his partner.

"That won't happen. They all are very far apart from one another..." Ash replied in deadpan belief, sighing as he just wonders why this god is so energetic over the simplest things in the world...

"Well, are they?" Koko asked, trying to test Ash a bit as he got an idea.

"You know what? I'll catch a star for you!" Koko happily announced before reaching out for some green sort-of light, which Ash doesn't recognize to be a star...

"But... That's not a star...?" Ash thinks to himself before shrugging as Koko caught the supposed 'star' with his hand.

"And gotcha!!" Koko said, smiling widely at his supposed achievement as he suddenly moves dangerously close to Ash, making his heart thunder wildly once more.