°•| Teasing |•°

The tranquility of the night enveloped the Jade Palace, casting its ancient walls in a silvery glow under the moon's watchful gaze. Perched atop one of the highest rooftops, Jia found solace in the ethereal beauty of the night, her movements fluid and graceful as she practiced her forms, each motion precise and firm.

   These night-time rendezvous had only become more common the longer she trained at the Jade Palace. She had been a pupil here for almost five years now and at thirteen, was now a rather capable warrior, and only grew stronger and more graceful as she matured.

   Yet, beneath the facade of serenity, a storm of conflicting emotions raged within her. Tai Lung's absence weighed heavily on her heart, his late-night training sessions with Shifu leaving her restless and sleepless. But it wasn't just concern for her friend that kept her awake; it was the unspoken truth of her growing affection for him, a truth she dared not confront in the light of day.

   As she moved through the familiar patterns of her training, her thoughts drifted to Tai Lung—her oldest friend and closest confidant. They had been nearly inseparable since her first night here, their bond strengthened by mutual respect and admiration that only grew as the days passed. But lately, something had changed—a subtle shift in the air that left her heart in turmoil.

   Lost in her thoughts, Jia was startled by a rustle behind her, the sound of approaching footsteps pulling her from her thoughts. Without turning, she knew who it was.

   "You almost had me there, Tai Lung," she called out softly, her voice carrying a mix of amusement and exasperation as she continued her practice.

   "Couldn't sleep without me?" he teased, his voice playful as he leaned against the rooftop railing, his silhouette illuminated by the moonlight.

   Jia felt a blush rise to her cheeks at his teasing remark, a mixture of embarrassment and affection stirring within her. "Something like that," she admitted, her tone shy yet tinged with warmth as she stole a glance at him.

   Tai Lung chuckled, the sound rich and melodious in the stillness of the night. "Well, I must say, you do look positively radiant tonight," he remarked, his gaze lingering on her with a mixture of admiration and curiosity.

   Jia's heart skipped a beat at his compliment, her pulse quickening at the intensity of his gaze. "Thank you, Tai," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper as she met his eyes, a shy smile playing on her lips. Tai Lung grinned, his tail flicking amusedly at the nickname.

   Before she could say anything else, he straightened, his expression turning serious as he glanced at the moonlit sky. "It's getting late," he said softly, his voice tinged with a hint of regret. "We should get some rest."

   With a nod, Jia watched as he disappeared into the shadows, leaving her alone once more with her thoughts. And as the night stretched on, she couldn't shake the feeling that their unspoken truths would continue to linger in the moonlit shadows, waiting to be revealed.

• • • • • • • • • • •⊱ 𓆸 ⊰• • • • • • • • • • • •

   The soft light of dawn filtered through the window, casting gentle rays across the room as Jia stirred from her slumber. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, she became aware of a familiar warm presence behind her, strong arms wrapped securely around her waist. Confusion clouded her mind for a moment before the events of the previous night flooded back to her.

   Tai Lung.

   Her heart skipped a beat as she felt his steady breath against her neck, his presence both comforting and unnerving. As she attempted to extricate herself from his embrace, his hold tightened, pulling her back against him with a playful growl.

   "Tai, let me go," Jia whispered urgently, her voice a mixture of annoyance and amusement as she squirmed in his grasp. But he only chuckled softly, his grip firm and unyielding.

   "Not so fast," he murmured, his warm breath sending a shiver down her spine. "I intend to savor every moment of this before you leave."

   Jia sighed in exasperation, her attempts to free herself growing more frantic as she felt the minutes slipping away. Tai Lung had made it a habit of sneaking into her room late at night and demanding–as politely as possible–to lay with her, which often led to them waking up in this exact situation. Normally, Jia would indulge Tai Lung and his antics, but today was not a normal day.

    "Tai Lung, please," she pleaded, her voice growing more insistent as she glanced at the window, knowing that time was running out. “I have to get up. Master Oogway will be expecting me soon, and I have to be ready."

   But Tai Lung remained stubborn, his playful demeanor unwavering as he pressed a soft kiss to her temple. "Let him wait," he whispered, his tone teasing yet sincere. "We have a few moments left together, and I intend to make the most of them."

   Jia's heart swelled with a mixture of affection and frustration as she realized the truth in his words. With a resigned sigh, she relaxed into his embrace, allowing herself to be enveloped by the warmth of their shared moment.

   As the distant sound of the bell echoed through the halls, signaling the imminent arrival of their masters, Jia's heart sank with a mixture of reluctance and determination. With a gentle yet firm nudge, she managed to squirm out of Tai Lung's embrace, casting him a fond yet exasperated glance as she shuffled about the room, changing out of her sleep wear and into her black silk pants and pale blue vest only after asking Tai Lung to look away.

   "Come on, Tai Lung," she urged, her voice tinged with urgency. "You can't keep Master Shifu waiting either."

   Tai Lung sighed in resignation as he removed his arm that shielded his eyes, now turning to stare at Jia, who now stood beside the open door. "Until next time, then," he called as she turned and made her way to the room, his tone laced with a hint of mischief. "This isn't over yet."

   Jia's cheeks flushed as she hurried through the corridors of the barracks, her pulse quickened with a mixture of excitement and uncertainty, her mind consumed by the promise of the adventures that lay ahead.

   Was it the upcoming mission with Master Oogway that set her heart aflutter, or was it the tantalizing prospect of Tai Lung's promise? The answer eluded her

_______________________________________

Word Count: 1,092

I know, really short chapter, but to make up for it, I'll be posting the next one within the next couple of hours. It's also relatively short length, but the chapters will be gettinlonger. I hope you enjoyed it! Also, here's an image of sixteen-year-old Jia for reference. And give me some feedback on the new cover. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but I think it's fitting.

 I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but I think it's fitting