°•| The Escape |•°

With a deft flick of his tail, Tai Lung maneuvered the goose's feather, its delicate tip expertly picking at the intricate lock at the center of his shell. Each twist and turn of the feather sent a thrill of anticipation coursing through him, knowing that liberation was within his grasp.

As the final pin clicked into place, Tai Lung felt a surge of relief wash over him, followed by a rush of pain as the needles began to exit his body. With a sharp exhale, he flexed his claws, feeling the satisfying crack of his knuckles as he prepared to break free from his confinement.

With a mighty burst of strength, Tai Lung shattered the shell surrounding him, the metal fragments scattering like shattered dreams around him as he fell to his knees. But there was no time to savor his newfound freedom, not with the alarm blaring throughout the prison, signaling his escape.

Vachir's commanding voice cut through the chaos, his eyes narrowing as he peered down at the commotion below, Zeng at his side.

“Oh, no!”

“What's happening?!” The goose cried out, his voice tinged with fear.

Below, the guards were rushing to get into position as Tai Lung rose to his feet, his muscles tensing with anticipation as he grappled with the chains binding him to two heavy boulders. With a primal growl, he summoned all his strength, the massive slabs of rock inching ever closer to the edge of the platform as he strained against his restraints.

“Fire Crossbows!” Vachir's order rang out, the guards below scrambling to obey as they aimed their weapons at Tai Lung's platform. But the snow leopard was quick to react, his agility unmatched as he dodged the incoming barrage of arrows.

With each arrow deflected, Tai Lung's resolve grew stronger, his yellow eyes gleaming with determination. As the guards above watched in shock, he seized the opportunity to break free from one of his shackles, the arrowhead slicing effortlessly through the steel band.

As the guards above watched in disbelief, Tai Lung swiftly removed the shackles from his other hand, signaling his newfound freedom. Chaos erupted all around the prison, and Zeng began to panic.

“Tai Lung is free! I must warn Shifu and Master Jia!” Zeng shouted as he ran off. He didn't make it more than a few feet before he was seized roughly by the neck by Vachir.

"You're not going anywhere, and neither is he!"

“Let go of me!”

“Bring it up!” Vachir commanded, ignoring Zeng's pleas. The winch of the elevator turned, and the platform started its ascent. Two rhino guards, desperate to intercept, tossed their weapons aside, but their efforts fell short.

"Wait! Bring it back!" shouted one of the guards, his plea ignored.

Below, two other guards fired another arrow at Tai Lung. With astonishing skill, he deflected one with his wrist and kicked it back, shattering a crossbow. A cunning idea dawned on him. Dislodging all but one spear surrounding him, Tai Lung tossed them into the air, kicking them forward to embed into the stone wall, creating a makeshift staircase.

With a triumphant huff, he leaped onto the last spear, pushing it back before launching himself upward, claws gripping the lowest embedded spear. Scaling the stone structure with feline grace towards the elevator still rising.

"He's coming this way!" Zeng's fearful shout echoed.

“He won't get far,” Vachir muttered with a pointed glare at Zeng before turning to his rhino troops. "Archers!"

A barrage of arrows descended as Tai Lung reached the last spear, swinging around it before flinging himself at the retreating elevator. Clinging to its underside, he narrowly avoided the arrows, some embedding into the platform above.