Chapter 2

So high school is exactly how I felt writing this chapter. And next few to come are gonna be cute, lovey dovey reads 🫶
.
I would've never guessed that Amira was in love with Usman. For how long? So many questions run through my mind as I get dressed; Usman said he was coming to pick me up.

I am still shaken when he gets to my place. And his smile fades as he notices my demeanor.

We're outside underneath the sun. it's not scorching hot; in fact, it seems like it's going to rain.

'Hi' Usman says to me very carefully. He's scared.

'Hi' I say to as I walk closer to him, he's just in front of his car.

'What's wrong?' what's wrong. I don't know, maybe the fact that I may have just lost my best friend is what's wrong. Amira has never looked at me like that. Ever. Or maybe it's the fact that my best friend has secretly been in love with the boy I love. Or maybe it's the fact that I love this boy, this man.

'Amra?' Usman says, dragging me away from my thoughts. When I look up at him, his eyes are full of fear, his eye brows are knitted, he's very scared.

Don't worry Usman, today is not the day I break your heart.

'You're not saying no, are you?' he asks. I hear a mix of his British and Nigerian accent.

I smile. 'Saying no to--?' I tease.

He's now smiling as well. 'To being my girlfriend silly' he says bopping my nose.

'Did you ask?'

'Will you be my girlfriend Amra Isa Rabiu?'

I pout, my index finger on my lips.

'What do I get for being your girlfriend' I am walking around his car now.

'You get to be designated princess passenger  '

'You know I like to drive' I retort and put out my palm 'Keys'

He tosses them.

'And?'

'You get homemade suya'

I chuckle. 'Okay, I guess I want that. And?'

'You get me, I'll take care of you, I'll spend on you, I'll make you happy, comfortable, you'll be loved'

We both get into the car.

'You'll love me?' I ask.

'I love you' he says, then plants a kiss on the side of my head.

'I guess the answer is yes' I say with a laugh.

Usman laughs too. 'Where are we going?' I ask.

It's a surprise. 'I want to drive'

'Okay-yy'

.

.

.

I don't recognize the road Usman drives through; I can't figure out where he's taking us. But I don't ask him, I trust him. The drive down, I'm texting Hamma, asking how Amira is, I am worried sick about her, about what this means for our friendship.

He tells me that she just needs sometimes to calm down. He dropped her at her home and she said she'd call him tomorrow.

I ask if he's spoken to Usman. He says not yet. He tells me that we cannot tell him about the fight, because Amira's feelings are hers to divulge.

The car stops as I send of a quick response to Hamma.

'We're here' He says unbuckling his seat bealt. 'Who are you texting' he's already getting out of the car.