The Apartments.

You exhale slowly, your breath visible in the cold winter air as you stared up at the towering apartment building in front of me. "Freeeaky. Okay." You mumbled to yourself before heading to the back of your car to grab a box your belongings.

Right off the bat this place gave you an ominous vibe but it was cheaper than student accomodation so you couldn't complain too much. You weren't someone who was easily afraid anyway.

It was quiet around which just added to the ominous vibe of the place. You take note of the location of the mailboxes as you walk past and make your way into the ancient looking elevator with the box you were holding.

After safely reaching the fourth floor, you exited the elevator and headed to the door of your new apartment. You barley register the brunette woman, presumably the janitor by her uniform, changing on of the hallway lightbulbs. You definently didn't notice the man standing nearby the ladder, helping the woman out by holding the old lightbulb for her.

You briefly struggle trying to balance the box between your torso and the door as you try to grab your keys from your pocket before panic for a moment as you feel the box lift up, thinking it maybe falling but quickly calmed down when you met the dark gaze of the man who had taken hold of the box for you. You smile appreciatively before unlocking the door and opening it. He heads inside with the box and places it on the floor by the couch.

"Thanks, uh-"
"The names Larry and it's not a problem dude, I'll help you with the rest of your boxes if you'd like." The brunette smiles at you, running a olive hand through his slightly greasy long hair. He was a muscular long haired rocker type with a beauty spot beneath one of his eyes. "We're neighbors, I live in the apartment in the basement." He explained futher.

"I see, well thanks Larry. I'll happily take that help, my name's Y/N." You introduce yourself before leading Larry out of the apartment again, pausing outside of the door as the woman Larry was with approached you.

"Hello there, my names Lisa. I'm Larrys mom but also I'm this buildings janitor so if you need anything, let me know." She holds out her hand and you take it, shaking it politely before letting go. "I live in 402 over there so I'm really not that far."

"Thank you Lisa, my names Y/N. I'm glad the neighbors here aren't as creepy at this building." You laugh softly.

Lisa laughs with you. "Yes, it's a rather old building and I'm sure Larry and Sal will spend no time telling you their ghost stories about it."

"Sal?" You ask.
"Yeah, he's my step-brother. He doesn't live in the building anymore but he comes by a lot. I'll introduce you to him later, you seem like his type." Larry laughed, wrapping an arm around your shoulders, grinning.
"Now, now. Sals shy enough around pretty girls without you embarrassing the boy before he even gets to meet her." Lisa sighed softly before moving her gaze from her son back to you. "About Sal, he wears a prosthetic face. But please don't let that frighten you off. He's a very sweet boy."
"Oh, I'm not easily frightened." You reassure her with a friendly smile.

You've been here for less than half an hour and you already have a mother and brother trying to set you up with someone. You think nothing of it though, appreciating that they both thought you were pretty enough to attract this mysterious Sal. You had to admit it made you a little excited to meet the guy now.

"Alright well, boxes?" Larry says, removing his arm from around you and heading towards the lift. You gave Lisa a small wave before following Larry.

After you and Larry had put all of your belongings in your new apartment, he offered for you to come hang out with him in the basement and smoke weed. And who were you to deny free weed?