The Birthday Party.

Placing a bowl of nachos onto the kitchen counter, you run your gaze over the various snacks set out on the counter before moving your gaze over to the brunette haired girl who was shifting the coffee table out of the way so there was space to sit on the floor. "You think this is enough?" You ask her.

Ash stands and walks over to the counter with a smile. "Honestly? I think we all plan to get too high and drunk to worry about eating." She says, leaning on the counter with her chin in her palm and takes a nacho with her free hand, eating it.

You raise a brow. "So... You do think it's enough?"

Ashley only laughs in reply and turns to look around the room at the various black, blue and red themed party decorations. "You put a lot if thought into this, didn't you?"

You feel your face flush red slightly and look down at your hands, messing with your fingers nervously. "Do you... Do you think it's too much?"

Ash turns back to you, causing your gaze to move back up to meet hers and a playful smirks crosses her lips. "Yeah I'm sure Sal as a newly twenty-two year old will deeply enjoy electric guitar shaped balloons." She says but smiles genuinely at you, placing a hand on yours and gently squeezing it when she catches a look of worry cross your face. "I'm not being sarcastic when I say that either, he's gonna love it."

This calms your worries and you smile back at her. "Thanks, Ash."

A knock on the door causes you both you and Ash to turn your heads towards it. You feel your heart rate pick up slightly, nervous it maybe Larry arriving with Sal. You lean up, peaking through the peephole in your apartment door and let out a quiet sigh of relief when you spot no signs of blue hair.

You open the door and smile, seeing a short haired gothic looking woman holding hands with her green hair fiancé. "Hey Maple, Hey Chug. So glad you guys were able to find a sitter," You say, stepping aside to allow them to enter the apartment.

They both enter and Maple lets go of Chugs hand as he makes a beeline for the snacks. The silver haired girl smiles softly at you. "We wouldn't miss Sals birthday, though we're going to leave at about midnight instead of staying over here if thats alright. I can't stand leaving Soda for too long." Her voice is very kind, soft spoken and much like her, very pretty. You nod in response. "That's fine,"

You had met Chug and Maple a few times of course due to living in the same apartment building but you were excited to actually be able to hang out with the two of them.

Maple wanders over to the kitchen also and pours herself a drink as you answer the door a second time, opening the door to Todd and Neil. Neil smiles, handing the bottle of wine hes holding to you before leading Todd into the apartment by his hand. "Woah, cute decor. Sal will love it." Neil tells you and Todd nods, flashing you a rare smile and they both place their overnight bags down on the floor beside Ashs before making their way over to the others.

You're glad to hear more words of validation about the party decor from Sals friends, you were worried you'd read him completely wrong. In between sleeping with the guy, you'd felt like you'd gotten to know him pretty well. Despite sometimes seeming jaded due to his various traumatic experiences, Sal was still fairly childish at heart. He loved video games, guitars, cats and music. You learned that he tried not to drink due to his dad being an alcoholic, which you got the vibe that his dads alcoholism seemed to have effected him a lot during his childhood so it must have been pretty bad. Sal was a very friendly but cautious guy, he'd once admitted that him trusting Larrys judge of character was the main reasoning for him allowing himself to get close to you so fast.

Placing the bottle you were holding on the counter by the other drinks, you were snapped out of your thoughts by a third and final knock on the door. Feeling the butterflies flying a nervous flurry in you stomach once again, you take a deep breath before going to answer the door.