to every you that I hated before

Walking back to your house was awkward as hell. You walked like a zombie, half-naked, with blood all over your body. It was a disgusting scene. Fortunately, it was night, everyone was asleep, and the cops patrolling were not active that day.

Finally, you reached your large traditional Japanese home. You were greeted by your favorite maid, Mirai Yosuko.

Mirai rushed to your aid, hugging you tightly, and you didn’t push her away. You admitted to yourself that you missed her warmth.

"Where have you been?! You're injured, let’s hurry—" You didn’t hear anything after that because you passed out from blood loss.

Mirai was always so kind to you, treating you like the son she never had.

Mirai showed you an unfamiliar feeling: a parent's love. Because of that, you only showed your vulnerable side to her, because you trusted her. Just like how you passed out in her arms, your body instinctively shut down because you knew she would take gentle care of you.

Right now, you felt safe and sound, lulling yourself to sleep, allowing darkness to consume you, and welcoming another dreamless night.

When you woke up, you felt bandages around your head and someone’s warm hand touching yours. It was your favorite maid. Mirai had stayed by your side again.

You sat up, and of course, she felt it. It was an instinct of a mother.

"Rest first, don’t sit up! Jeez! You made me worry where have you been? You better explain before I punish you!" You only looked at her with dull eyes, and you heard her sob as tears formed again.

She wiped her tears, embarrassed that she cried in front of you.

"I was so worried. I couldn’t do anything. I already told Sir Fukuzawa—" You suddenly sat up when you heard your father’s name.

"What did he say?!" You were expecting too much, and Mirai knew it. She shook her head.

"He didn’t say anything." You looked down at your clenched hands, sighed, and flopped back onto the bed.

‘He really doesn’t care about me. That hurts,’ you thought, staring at the ceiling with no emotion.

"Y/N, better explain it to me. You’re only fifteen you shouldn’t be this stubborn." You hated the word "stubborn" because it just didn’t describe you. It was sickening to be perceived wrong.

"I let myself get kidnapped to get Dad to notice me." Mirai flicked your forehead too hard, and you winced.

"Ouch," you said, looking at her furious face like she could kill you.

"You did it again, Y/N!" You shut your eyes and ignored her nagging.

It felt nice that someone cared for you. Mirai was the only person you knew who actually took care of you, who actually cared about your well-being, studies, and even your love life.

So, without thinking, your mouth moved on its own.

"Mirai, please don’t die." Her death was near; you knew it.

"If you’re a good boy and come back to school, I won’t die," you heard her say softly.

Turning your body to look at her, you nodded.

"Okay, I’ll come back to school tomorrow." You saw her smile, nodding, and standing up.

"So, what happened to your kidnappers—" You didn’t let her finish again.

"They ran away, and no, I don’t want the police to be involved. I want a peaceful life," you yawned. Mirai was so tired of your nonchalant personality.