Chapter 4

Hermione kissed viktor goodbye. "I'll see you after Christmas. I'm having your present sent in the mail" she kissed him goodbye a second time then a third. She didn't want to say goodbye but she'd have nobody to spend Christmas with if she didn't. Viktor smiled as he watched her retreat waving.

"Hey" she sat down in the same compartment Ron was sat in with Harry and Ginny. Ginny looked up. A minute ago her head had been in Harry's lap. She placed a protective on his shoulder. Ron could feel the awkwardness and immediately tried to divert it by asking Hermione how was viktor. Nobody noticed but Harry's head lifted slightly. He was listening intently for the answer. "He's good" Hermione nodded awkwardly. "Are you his girlfriend yet" Ron teased punching Hermione in the arm gently. Hermione let out a laugh as she replied "actually he asked me yesterday" now Harry's head was fully up. He wasn't even looking at Ginny anymore. "And what'd you say?" Ron urged her. Harry tried to act like he didn't care and stare into space but in reality he was listening to every word. "Uh I say yeah and he even invited me to Bulgaria!" Hermione exclaimed excitedly almost jumping up in excitement. "That's amazing Hermione" Ron told her truthfully. "Just don't snog in front of me your like my sister and it would be as weird as seeing Ginny snog someone" Ron crinkled his nose at the thought. "Ron I can snog whoever I like" Ginny sat up straight and to prove her point she snogged Harry who looked shocked. He hadn't been expecting it. Ron glared at her. Ginny pulled away looking down. It had been her first kiss. "Uh Ginny can we talk?" Harry looked  shocked at the sudden change of attitude and simply nodded following Ginny outside.

What felt like hours later they walked back in. Ginny had a few tears on her face while Harry had a relieved sort of smile on his face. "What's going on with you two" trust Ron to ask the one question everyone was wondering. "Um-" Ginny looked to Harry giving him a "look" before turning back to the group "we've decided to take a break just for a month or two" Ginny replied looking down. It was clear she was pretty upset. Harry didn't even make eye contact with her when she was desperately trying to grab his attention. After hours of a restless journey they arrived at King's Cross