Chapter four

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

The morning in Brooklyn dawned with a soft, golden light filtering through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the city streets below. Birds chirped cheerfully outside the window, their melodies mingling with the distant hum of traffic and the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze. All of the girls were awake as Lola packs her luggage frantically, searching for the clothes she got in her closet and Yvonne made the breakast for today.

"I am going on a trip today." Lola spoke.

"Really? Are you going to LA, right?" Yvonne inquired, her eyes widening in surprise as she glanced at Lola.

"Yes, I need to visit Angelo." Lola replied, a hint of determination in her voice.

For Carmen, it was nothing at all, except her desire to go to the trip.

The realization of the timing hit Yvonne, "Oh, you are still in the summer break."

"Do you want to come?"

"I can't, but we will stay in touch." Yvonne answered.

Lola turned to Carmen, their other friend, and asked, "Of course. What about you, Carmen?"

"Yes, I can!"

Lola wasted no time, setting the plan in motion, "We have a plane at 3pm, very soon. Pack your things."

"It might take me some time."

"I can wait."

And so, the last-minute packing and preparations, the girls set off on their adventure to Los Angeles, ready to make memories that would last for a long time. They didn't wait for the occasion, Los Angeles was waiting for them. Yvonne waited for them in front of the door to say goodbye as they hugged each other. The cab was waiting for them outside to take them to the airport.

"You ready?"

"We'll call you, okay?"

"Have fun, girls!" Yvonne waved, saying goodbye as they got in the cab, speeding off the street.

-•-

During the flight, Lola shared information about Angelo with Carmen, each detail painting a vivid picture of their destination and the person awaiting them there. They chose an economical, fast flight, so that they don't waste time by taking Lola's car.

"Tell me more about Angelo."

"He is a Cancer...He loves animals, anatomy, cars and he also has a business." Lola revealed, her voice filled with warmth.

"A business? What kind of business, Lola?"

"He didn't told me exactly, but if you are going to meet him, you have the occasion to know."

"Of course. I always wanted to travel to Los Angeles."

"I did a several times, it's perfect."

"Does his family live there?"