Chapter twenty-three

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

"Do you like this red Cadillac I rented?" Bill asked, with a smirk plastered all over his lips.

"I do!" Carmen said, excited. "But I'll drive, got it?"

"Oh, so you got your driver's license?" He teased, raising his eyebrows.

"Recently. Get in the car."

USA does not compare to the vibrancy of Europe in general, where the nightlife was very dynamic, surpassing with its own allure the USA nightlife, from intimate cafes to bars and clubs, the options are endless, providing the perfect setting to spend quality time with friends or to connect with new acquaintances.

It's a culture where the night is not just a time to rest, but a time to embrace the excitement that comes with exploring the city after dark.

"It kinda sucks, because it's closing at 2am." Carmen said, slightly disappointed.

"The nightlife isn't the best in USA, but we got a damn good place. Don't you think?"

"Do you want to get some drinks?"

"I'd love to see you get loose first."

"Then you should stay with me, my friend."

The rhythm of the music made her have even more energy in her movements. All the lights were on the dance floor from red to blue. Many people were trying to find a place in the crowd, but they did not give a damn.

The smoke and the lights covered their bodies, but he certainly couldn't take his hands off her, they knew they couldn't show off their secret affair. She was a china doll in his eyes, a precious doll that conquered on the podium.

She started to grind behind him as he puts her hands on her hips, travelling up from the hips to below her waist. Then, she's spinned around as the rhythm of the music intensifies as he's pressing his body against hers. Her mind goes blank as she lets go of everything else, except for the pleasure that's building inside of her.

His eyes were on her entirely when with each move he abruptly catches her in his arms as her legs for a second move slowly in the air. She didn't even shy away from looking at him as she let go of his hand:

"Let's go to the bar."

As Carmen's dance with Bill came to an end, she stepped away, feeling a mixture of exhilaration and uncertainty. Ignoring the curious glances of onlookers, she made her way through the crowd, her steps steady but her mind a whirlwind of thoughts.

As she approached the bar, the sound of clinking glasses and murmured conversations filled the air. The bartender, a seasoned figure with a welcoming smile, greeted her with a nod as she took a seat on one of the plush stools.

"What can I get for you?" he asked, his voice cutting through the ambient noise.

Carmen hesitated for a moment, her eyes scanning the array of bottles lining the shelves behind the bar. Finally, she settled on a simple Martini, the familiarity of its taste offering a sense of comfort.