Chapter fifteen

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

"Don't tell them, okay? They will come for you too." Lola forwarned.

"You have nothing to worry about, Lo. I can handle that, but please, never hide such things from me." Carmen assured as she hugged Lola.

"Believe me!"

Carmen left the room and decided that it was the time to take a shower, but there were some screams for help from outside, but she ignored it and continued to stay in the shower stall.

An overwhelming feeling came over her as she was numb, and she easily let herself down, sitting on the cold tile. Not the first time, but also not the last. A smell of smoke wafted under the bathroom door, peering through the hole in the door, her breathing became more and more erratic, feeling like she might pass out at any moment.

"Help!" Lola screamed at the top of her lungs before being shoved in the fire by someone.

Carmen had to get up quickly and dress to get everything she had in her room, but before she got there, she had some way to go. The flames had become much more evident, and more screams for help could be heard.

"Don't go there, Carmen." Yvonne cautioned.

"W-what do you mean?" Carmen inquired, being in a state of confusion, packing all of her clothes.

The fire already covered a quarter of the motel. One body immersed in fire was lying in her room. Her blonde hair became black, her face was disfigured and it was clear that she was more dead than alive when you take a look at her.

"Shit. I should've had to save her."

Lola Byers...The screams seemed to be more clogged. Carmen's hands and legs were shaking and most of the furniture in the room were on fire. There was no time to cry, sit and watch, so she took everything that was left whole and pushed any trace of emotion that mentally gripped her aside.

"Stay here. I am trying to save Lola." Yvonne said, slightly sobbing.

"Lola's dead. I saw her body." Carmen stated as she walked back in the lobby.

Did she put herself on fire? It looks like she did it.

"No, no, no...Lola did not deserve such a fate. She can't be dead." Carmen denied.

"Come with me if you want to make it out alive."

The hallway was incredibly narrow, making escape tricky. She sweated blood to take her life in her hands with a girl she didn't even talk that much. A fire extinguisher was in the corner of the hall which was taken by Yvonne, thus extinguishing the fire in front of them.

Suddenly, Yvonne rushed forward, grabbing a fire extinguisher from the corner of the hall and swiftly extinguishing the flames licking at the walls. "I thought you were outside," Carmen breathed, her voice laced with relief and disbelief.

"No!" Yvonne replied, her eyes wild. "We should search for more fire extinguishers-there was one here and another two on different floors."

"Blimey!" Carmen grunted, her mind racing as she tried to process the unfolding chaos.

"We should jump out of the window," Yvonne interjected, her voice strained. "We gotta be quick."

Just then, a voice rang out from behind them. "Miss, I suggest you should go outside, now."