Chapter twenty-two

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

-ᕚ • ᕘ-

We are not born to be bad, but from a simple black hole in our life we ​​can see all our flaws and judge what we are now so that in the future we can no longer recognize our reflection. We are born to be visionaries, but the telescope is taken from us the moment someone tells you that you cannot do that thing.

Every human on earth has the goal of following their destiny, but destiny is often not exactly the desired destiny. If we were products of evil, then we would be all cruel, in a permanent war that wouldn't end if we can't make peace of ourselves.

Carmen now sees the black rose as a sign of mourning now, for Lola, for what Carmen was in the past, a new beginning that she had been waiting for so long, that she could feel, that she could see in front of her.

-•-

FLASHBACK CHAPTER SEVEN

"Keep a close watch," Marwin said, his voice low and tense over the phone. Alexis hesitated, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Who is that girl?" she asked, already fearing the answer.

"Lola Byers," Marwin replied curtly. "You need to kill her, to get rid of her body as soon as possible."

Alexis felt a wave of panic wash over her, watching Lola from afar. After all, the bitch got feelings. She knew that her modelling career would end once she committed the crime.

"I can't do this, mi amor. My career would be at risk," she pleaded, her voice trembling.

Marwin's tone hardened. "I don't care. I'll help you with my money to live with me like I promised. We'll run away."

"I know, but I don't know her," Alexis protested, desperation creeping into her voice, as he just lied, in front of her man.

"Are you even listening? Take all of her cash, Alexis," Marwin ordered, his voice cold and unyielding. "I don't care!"

"Marwin, please, there has to be another way," she begged.

"There isn't," Marwin snapped. "Do as I say, or we're both finished."

-•-

FLASHBACK CHAPTER TEN:

"I know I had a debt, Marwin. I am so sorry, I swear," Lola sighed as he opened her wallet, only to see nothing.

Marwin's expression darkened. "Where's the money?" he demanded, his voice laced with anger. "Tell me now!"

"I told you I'll get the money when my portfolio is done," Lola replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

"Ah, yes? A portfolio?" Marwin sneered, his eyes narrowing.