1. Apologies

Drake looks down at his phone ringing for the eleventh time in the past hour. Sighing, he immediately sends it to voicemail and puts it in his pocket. He then walks to the bathroom and looks himself over. He gets a closer look, grasping the sides of the sink with both hands leaning in slightly. He has dark circles under his red and swollen eyes. He's been crying for what feels like days. He hasn't felt this drained in a long time. He leans down and splashes cold water on his face, to try and make himself feel a little more human.

As he dries off his face he feels his phone vibrating again. This time all he feels is anger. How dare Kendrick call him after everything he's done? He hastily swipes over and answers the call.

"Can you not take a hint?" Drake says immediately into the phone.

There's a slight pause then Kendrick timidly replies, "Please, Baby, please listen to what I have to say".

"Why should I, Kendrick? This whole beef thing we have going on was supposed to be spice up our sex life. But you ruined it." Drake hisses into the phone.

Kendrick makes a noise of disbelief. "This whole thing was your idea! You're the one who suggested it because you didn't like the way I looked in my kitten costume!"

"Don't blame it on me, Kendrick. This whole thing was supposed to be light hearted. You know you took it too far!" Drake says, tears of frustration running down his cheeks.

Kendrick takes a deep breath and is quiet for a few seconds before he says "Baby, You're right I'm so sorry I didn't mean for any of this to happen I swear. I should have known when to stop, but I didn't. I didn't mean any of that stuff I said. I promise. You have to believe me. I never ever want to hurt you. You have to know that. I love you so much Drizzy Wizzy. I can't live without you. I'll die without you. Please forgive me."

"I know you love me." Drake begins. "I know you love me in your own crazy way. That's why it hurts so bad. I don't know if we can ever come back from this. I love you with all my heart but I just can't do this anymore. I should have known you'd do this when you started acting so distant towards me the past couple weeks. Like when you'd stay late at the studio, and wouldn't kiss me goodbye, or tell me I'm beautiful."

"You're right baby. I should have been there for you more." Kendrick says, "You know you're the most beautiful person I've ever met." Drake can't help but blush hearing that, "But I'm just going through some stuff right now and I took it out on you and I'm so sorry. I'll never do it again. Just please, please give me another chance." Kendrick finishes, voice thick with tears.

It's quiet after that for a minute. Drake mulling over what Kendrick's been saying to him. Should he forgive him? His apologies do seem sincere. And his bed does feel lonely without Kendrick's warm, solid body next to him. And he does miss his morning kisses and foot rubs. But are all those things he loves worth possibly getting hurt again? He thinks it over for another minute.

"I'm sorry, but I can't forgive you." Drake finally answers. He hears Kendrick let out a broken sob on the other end and he feels his heart break a little. "At least not right now. I need you to prove to me that you'll never do this to me again."

"Of course!" Kendrick immediately answers in awe. "I promise I'll make it up to you if it's the last thing I do. I swear it."

Drake can't help but smile sadly at the excitement in his voice. "Alright, I'll be waiting". He says before shakily hanging up with a sigh of relief. Will they ever go back to the way they were? Only time can tell.