Chapter 19

Owen

"Owen, stop pacing," Sean huffed. I glared at him, then looked at my family as they surrounded her. "Talk to me. You're working yourself up and I don't know how to help."

I sighed, "What have we gotten ourselves into, Sean? You heard her, she is the daughter of a blasted original! The same original that we have spent centuries trying to defeat. Don't you find it a bit suspicious that she is our bond? What if this was his plan all along?"

"You can't really believe that. She didn't even know!" he snapped.

I threw my hands up, "I don't know what to believe anymore." My mind was reeling. "Maybe she didn't know, but did her father? How else do you explain it? Gray herself acknowledges that this Reid character is bonded to her. That's the memory Gabe was pulled into. How can she be bonded to him and us at the same time?"

"She isn't," Gabe said as he came into the front of the RV.

"Care to explain that?" I demanded, my voice harsh.

"From what I can tell, Gray's father put this Reid character into one of the lifetimes he has forced her to live. He's kept her in this sort of time loop, hoping it would force her to use her powers, but the only pull she's had was to form the bond. While I do think Reid asked for her hand, I think it was me she meant to bite, not him."

"Okay, I'm even more confused now. So is she bonded to this guy or not?" Sean asked.

Gabe shrugged, "Not sure. Unless we can access her lifetimes, then we won't fully know until we meet the guy."

"Okay, so how do we do that?" I pushed.

"I think the answer is in her cabin," Kota said from behind us. We all turned to realize everyone was listening to the conversation now. "Little ghost has been trying to recount the memories and lives, but she keeps missing parts. I think it's no accident that she can't get to her cabin and we are all here. I think between Luke and Silas we can shift the water, then Owen and I can manipulate the ground if needed."

"Hell, worst case, we fucking fly," Gabe snorted. "So what do you think of my theory, little one?" Gray's eyes darkened as he stalked towards her. "Was it me or Reid you truly wanted to mark?" Pulling her out of Luke's arms, he began to run his tongue along her neck as she whined softly. He chuckled darkly as he lifted her up bridal style, then walked toward the small bedroom in the back. "Don't wait up for us, and Vic, I'd keep the cameras going," Gabe said as he pushed the door open, then kicked it shut behind them.

Vic's mouth gaped for a moment, then he quickly jumped up and turned on the cameras, but turned down the volume with blushing cheeks.

Gray

"Wh...what are you doing?" I stammered as Gabriel's lips briefly parted from mine. He was quickly undressing me, his skilled hands squeezing and caressing me in all the right places.

"Something I should have done the moment I laid eyes on you, little one," he practically purred as he shed his clothing and then backed me up until my legs hit the bed. We both tumbled down, his body covering mine. "No more holding back, no more fear." His lips descended on mine as he pulled my legs up. I quickly wrapped them around his waist, then moaned into his mouth as he buried his cock deep inside of me. His thrusts were almost frantic as he gripped my hair and turned my neck, I winced as his fangs sank into my neck.

My body flooded with heat and I arched into him more. His strong arms held me tight as he continued to clamp down on my neck. Don't fight it, Gray. His deep voice filled my mind and I found my vision faltering. Take me back with you, love. Claim what is yours, Gracie Jean.

He pulled back then cradled my head as my lips found his neck and I bit down. The taste of his blood was euphoric and in seconds, I could feel the shift of the room. My eyes were still closed as I let go of his neck, but I could smell the fresh hay and the animals. We were back in the barn.

"Look at me," Gabriel said. My eyelids fluttered and I met his crystal blue gaze. "Who am I, Gray?"

"Gabriel," I whispered, "You're my Gabriel and my bond."

He smirked, "Good girl," then slammed into my core again as I cried out. He didn't stop until we were both breathless and fully sated. He rolled over and laid on his side, his arm over my stomach. "So tell me where and when we are, love?"

"This is part of my real life, but not at the right time. It's like He took my life and memories and kept recycling them. Sometimes people I knew would be in them, but not always the same person. Now, for instance, my age is almost frozen. Had time progressed normally, I'd be in my twenties in this memory, but instead, I'm still sixteen living in this more modern house with Mama and Papa. This is when he put Reid into the spell."

"So who exactly is Reid? Why are you so scared of him, and why does He want you tethered to him so desperately?"

I turned my head in shame as I answered him. "He's a demon, almost as ancient as Him. It's more of a business arrangement. If I'm bound to Reid, then he can add to my powers, maybe even influence them."

He lifted my chin, his thumb brushing away a tear that had fallen, "Gray, we aren't going to give up. Now, you need to explain a bit more about these powers. I think we need to be fully informed before we walk back into that house and see how it goes this time."

I gripped his hand, kissing the palm, "Thank you." He gave me a brilliant smile. "So I already mentioned the time manipulation, but in my lucid moments - when I know the spell isn't real, I'm able to shapeshift and manipulate elements. I don't know how strong I am since He keeps me in these damn loops, but I think Kota's right about the cabin."

Gabriel hummed, "I wonder if bonding with us will increase your elemental powers. Since each of us is already tied to one or more, that would stand to reason." He leaned up, kissing my nose, then handed me my dress as he helped me up. "One more thing, was your mother fully human?"

I blinked, "Um, I think so. If she wasn't, then I never knew about it."

We were fully dressed now and he grasped my hand, "Okay, little one, let's go solve one mystery." I gave a short laugh and nodded as we headed toward the house.

Author's Notes:  We get to meet Reid in the next chapter, my lovelies!