Chapter 11

Victor

If looks could kill, Gabe would have been incinerated with her glare. "Don't call me that," she said in a low voice. "You have no right to use that name." Oh damn, he'd hit a nerve.

"Your hair isn't dyed, no contacts, no tattoos, nothing artificial about you, little girl, yet you hide who you are. Or maybe, just maybe you're too scared to admit who you are," he taunted her. "You have holes in your memory, don't you? Moments seem so vivid, but others are dark and blurry. You can't remember details about your parents, only vague memories."

We all watched her reactions. What was he digging at?

"Who are you, Gracie Jean?" He asked, leaning forward.

"Don't call me that," she said again, her hands covering her ears as tears welled up in her eyes. Silas reached for her hand, but Gabe stopped him.

"Don't touch her. She needs to let go of the spell. It's hidden so much from her already. He's taken her memories, her identity, her life..."

"Shut up," she screamed, standing up from her chair. She reached for a piece of flatware and hurled it at him, but he stopped it mid-air as she screamed again. "Why are you doing this? Please, just leave me alone, please," she cried, her body shaking.

By now we were all on our feet trying to figure out what the actual fuck was happening. He walked toward her as Nate and Silas stepped back. Kota also closed in on her. "You need to remember who you are, Gray. Remember who Gracie Jean really is," Gabe said as he gripped her wrists.

Her head snapped up, "Not yours," His voice hissed as he spoke through her.

Gabe smirked, "Oh, I beg to differ. She is very much mine. She is ours and we will not let you have her. She isn't meant for you, dark one. She is of the light."

Her eyes were solid black as she cackled in his deep laugh, "She walks in shadow and light, you cannot keep me from her. She will return, she always does," he taunted.

"Not this time," Kota said, as he placed his hand on Gray's forehead. A horrible screech filled the room and she collapsed into Gabe's arms.

"Oh, little girl, what are we going to do with you?" he cooed as he pushed her hair back, cradling her in his arms. "You've been lost for so long, Gray."

"What the hell is going on?" North boomed.

Kota put his hand on North's shoulder, "She's not human, or at least she hasn't been for a very long time."

"Uh, guys," Luke said, "You might want to see this." He pushed open the pocket doors to reveal a crumbling house. It looked to be hundreds of years old as we stepped through. The entire front of the house was gone along with all the vehicles and most of the town. It was a ghost town.

"She's trapped here, lost in her past by Him. That's why the town seems so old-fashioned. It hasn't existed in the real world for a very long time," Gabe explained as he carried her.

We followed him to our trailer trying to piece together this bizarre turn of events.  

Author's Notes:  Warned you it was a ghost story...

Please vote, follow, share, and comment!