Chapter 9

Nate

The moment I laid eyes on her I felt complete. I needed to touch her, to feel her skin against mine, her blood in my throat. I couldn't take my eyes off of her until Kota said she was dead. My beast raged, wanting to rip out the throats of any who dared to harm her - dared to touch what was mine.

Gray giggled, "I think the sex is to blame." My shoulders dropped as the realization that she was already claimed sank in. "Silas, North, and I were, um...and then I woke up here."

Kota kept talking, but all I could do was sit down on the bed and watch her. She was beautiful. Her silver hair and dark eyes made her look ethereal as she held the blanket around her. I found myself proud to see her eyes on me as well. Her mouth moved as she answered Kota's questions, but I didn't hear a word.

She had edged closer to us, only a few steps from the bed now. I fought the urge to reach out and grab her until her hand reached out, her fingertips grazed along my cheek. I let out a low groan and watched like a predator as her pupils dilated. Even in death, I could smell her arousal and I gave in, pulling her to me. The blanket fell to the floor as I flipped her onto the bed, letting my eyes feast on her beauty. Her lips parted and she let out a low whine as our lips met. She tugged at my shirt while I quickly slid my jeans off. Pushing her up further onto the bed, I began nipping at the soft skin on her thighs. I could smell Silas and North all over her, but it didn't stop me from wanting to add my scent. I felt my beast surging forward as my fangs elongated. "So beautiful," I breathed. I caged her beneath me and she looked up, her expression so filled with trust as my body shifted.

"You're beautiful," she gasped, her hands running over my skin. I practically purred at her acceptance. "Please," she begged, her body writhing beneath me, the bond clearly affecting her as well. She pulled my head down and nuzzled my neck, then I roared as she bit down, breaking the skin. The feeling was completely euphoric.

When she let go, I marveled at this small creature beneath me. My blood dripped from her mouth and down her chin, a stark contrast to her pale skin. I knew my eyes had shifted as well as I leaned closer, lifting her slightly. "My eternal," I growled then sank my fangs into her shoulder, making her scream as I slammed upwards impaling her on my length. Her body arched, submitting to me completely as our bond formed.

It was as if time stopped just for us. I felt her body tighten as she cried out, "Nate!" A wave of magic slammed into me and I heard a deep growl as the room darkened. Gray clung to me burying her face in my chest. We weren't in the trailer anymore.

"She is not of your kind," the voice hissed.

I growled, pulling her into my lap and shielding her body with mine. "She is my eternal," I said, my voice booming.

"She is dead," the voice spoke, "and the dead belong to me."

I cupped her face, "I need you to go back now, love. Focus on Silas and North, they will lead you back. We will be there soon." I kissed her softly then felt the coldness of the sheets beneath me as I opened my eyes finding myself back in the trailer. I threw on my pants and ran out. "Kota!"

"What happened?" he took one look at me and asked.

"He's after her. We were...and he pulled us. Call Silas or North now! Make sure she got back to them, please," I begged him.

"Silas? Yeah, is she okay?" He listened for a moment, then said, "Nate said he pulled them during sex. From what she said, I think he's pulled her before. She's a deathwalker. I don't know, maybe one of her parents?" He tapped the table nervously as Luke and I watched him. "Yeah, we'll push and be there in about two hours. Be vigilant." He hung up the phone and turned back to me. "Are you okay?" He reached up to my neck and then gasped, "She marked you?"