Chapter 26

Silas

I had been doing small repairs around the schoolhouse when I heard a soft curse. I looked around the corner to see the mayor's wife, Gracie, on her tiptoes trying to reach something. I cleared my throat, hoping to not startle her. "Ahhh!" she screamed and began to lose her balance. I have no idea how I moved so quickly, but in moments, I was cradling her in my arms. I was overcome with worry and felt so strange. "Th...thank you," she sputtered, her dark eyes locking onto mine.

"Are you hurt?" I asked, helping her sit up. She was still in my arms. This woman wasn't my wife, why was I so drawn to protect her, and why was I finding it difficult to let her go? She shook her head and her hand quickly flew to her stomach as she let out a slight groan. "What's wrong?" I rushed, covering her hand with mine. It was like sparks of lightning coursing through me as I felt the small kick against my hand.

"Silas." Our eyes met again and it was like a veil lifting. Her small frame shook as she began to sob.

"Oh Gray, don't cry. I'm here, i psychí mou." Her hand cradled my face as I lowered my mouth to hers, a small moan escaping my lips as it all came flooding back - saving her from the rushing waters, marking her as mine, making love to her, and then finding myself in this story with another woman in my bed.

She pulled back with a gasp, "Is this real? What about Reid, Anna, and...and..." Her hand once again fell onto her swollen stomach. "Oh gods, what have I done?"

"Shh, just breathe love. We will figure it out together, but for now, just let me hold you a bit longer," I told her, pulling her firmly against my chest. The sound of footsteps had us scrambling awkwardly to our feet.

"Not the best place for a clandestine meeting, little girl," Gabe's deep voice chuckled as he came into view. Wait, how did he recognize us and why was he here? I guess he saw the confusion on my face because he started to explain. "When the cat vanished, I figured something had broken the spell so I followed my bond to Gray and well, here we are. Of course, the question is, what exactly broke the spell."

Her hand flew to her stomach and she smiled, "Um, I think it was when Silas felt the baby kick, but wait, if this is a spell, is the baby even real, and why would the kick snap us out of the illusion?"

Gabe frowned and moved closer, "May I?" His hand reached out for her stomach as she permitted him. She winced from what I assumed was another kick and his eyes went wide as he began sputtering, "Not possible...how the fuck..."

"Care to fill us in?" I asked as he seemed to visibly pale before us. His deep blue eyes met mine and I felt his sheer shock envelop me.

"He's yours."

"But you said none of you could have children," Gray sputtered, her eyes volleying between the two of us.

"We can't. Gabe, how could you even know?"

He laughed, "How is it that I'm the only one who is in this fucked up reality spell yet I haven't forgotten who I am, or who all of you are? How am I the only one who can communicate with Gray when she's trapped in the cat form, or even knew it was her to begin with? Fuck, I don't know man, maybe my spirit connection..."

We both just gaped at him. "So what happens now?" Gray whispered as she squeezed my hand.

"Well, it depends on if this little snap impacted everyone or just the two of you, and if it lasts," Gabe sighed.

"What do you mean everyone else?" I demanded.

He groaned, "Only Sean, Kota, and Vic are still outside the spell." Gray sucked in a breath as she fought her sobs. I wrapped my arms around her, kissing her head. Gabe stepped closer, wrapping his arms around her too. "I'm so sorry, love. I wish I had answers, but I don't know exactly how you keep pulling us in yet."

Her head snapped up. Spinning around, her back pressed to mine as she grabbed his hands, "Are you sure I pulled them in? How do you know?"

He lifted her hands to his face, kissing her fingertips. "You were in the middle of an orgasm when you, Silas, and North vanished. That was where the new timeline started. You were heavily pregnant and married to Reid, and then Silas was getting married. Luke and Vic stayed at the camper, monitoring the spell, while the others made it to your cabin. There was this sudden rush of wind and Nate vanished, followed by Luke. We were trapped in the cabin somehow and then the cat appeared." He stroked her cheek, "I don't know how I understood it was you, but I did. I told you I was ready, and the next thing I knew I was here. Owen appeared this morning."

"What? I... I was dreaming," she muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

Her shoulders dropped as she groaned. "I had a dream, that well, um, Gabe and I were, um...but I didn't realize who he was and I remember asking him to come to me," she lifted her face, her hands cupping his, "You said, I'm ready, little one, then I woke up. I'm so sorry, Gabriel. I don't understand any of this."

Gabe and I exchanged a brief look, then he pressed his lips to hers. She gave a whining moan and I pressed tight against her, my lips grazing her ear. "Let us make you feel good, love." My hands slid down her body as I ground my hips into her ass. Gabe unbuttoned her blouse. Her breasts were heavy as he began tugging at her nipples.

"Gabriel," she gasped when his lips covered her breast, sucking hard. Her hand grasped his hair and her other one covered mine as I reached under her swollen belly, making circles over her clit. "Silas, please..."

"Oh baby, we're going to make you feel so good, I promise." My other hand rested on her stomach, feeling another kick from the child within. "This is our miracle, Gray, our son, and we will all protect you both." 

Author's Notes:  Hmmm...does the spell stay broken, or do they "slip" back?  Decisions, decisions...