Chapter 20

Carl had surprised me by renting out the entire amusement park for us. It was a grand gesture, but for him, I imagined it seemed like chump change. I guess he can afford everything.

As we strolled through the empty park, I suggested we try out all the games while we had the place to ourselves. We didn't have to wait for long hours to ride any attractions was amazing. We laughed and competed at each attraction, enjoying the thrill of being alone in the park.

One of my favorite moments was riding the Pirate ship swing ride. The wind whipped through my hair as I laughed and screamed with delight without worry.

Next, we ventured into the hall of mirrors. As I ventured deeper into the maze its twists and turns, I realized Carl was no longer beside me. "Hey, where are you?" I called out, but my concern was quickly replaced by excitement. 

I'll look for him and play hide and seek like little kids. I was ecstatic at every turn not seeing Carl. I needed to move fast to catch him. 

"Where is he hiding?" I posted the question when I couldn't find him. Maybe I should sweep all the rooms here but it's confusing. "Or probably he went out already?"

"He can't leave me here without telling me, could he?" as I peek into every room in this mirror house.

I always found it amusing to see my reflection distorted in the various mirrors. 

Maybe, I should go outside, It's started to feel tiring looking for him already.  I began my steps to go to the exit. Now, I'm lost looking for the exit. This is getting frustrating. "ah goodness!" I annoyingly said under my breath.

Turning a corner, I saw his reflection in one of the mirrors, and I couldn't help but smile. "Caught you!" I shouted excitedly.

I faced him and suddenly he held back my nape and kissed me. I was stunned by what he did, and then he whispered into my ears with his deep voice "If you don't like it, push me away."

What is going on, I'm so confused. Does he have feelings for me?,  Was he attracted to me? mind racing with questions. How? Why?.. Well, I thought I would grab this chance to have a romantic experience before it went away. Seize the day, Iris, I thought. You might not have another chance like this I said to myself.

I looked at him and moved closer to his lips. We passionately interlocked with our kisses. His tongue is playful inside my mouth. My mouth traced every corner with his warm tongue. I could feel my body becoming so hot that it was consuming and burning my body. As my knees slowly weakened, I hugged him so tight, afraid to fall from this dream.

As I stood looking at him, Finally, I finally mustered up the courage to ask the subject that had been swirling in my mind.

"You know, I thought you were gay," I blurted out, unable to contain my thoughts any longer.

To my surprise, he chuckled softly before responding, "I was never gay. You just assumed."

I felt a flush of embarrassment creep up my cheeks at his straightforward reply. "But what about that guy at the grill? He seemed... different," I persisted, desperately trying to make sense of it all.

"It was just an experiment," he explained calmly. "My mother always set me up on blind dates with gay men."

My frustration bubbled to the surface. "What the heck is that supposed to mean?" I exclaimed, unable to comprehend his mother's peculiar matchmaking tactics.

"She's not like most parents," he said simply, his tone tinged with resignation. And in that moment, I realized that there was much more to him—and his family—than met the eye.

"But, you just let me believe you're gay and you didn't correct my opinion about you," I said straight away.

"Well, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable being with a man in your bedroom and bathroom," He replied showing red checks on his face.

The atmosphere is getting heavier and it turned into an argument. He seemed to be flustered by my accusation of him.

"I'm sorry," he apologized with a sigh. "It was wrong of me to lead you on."

My eyes brightened with surprise and disbelief, he actually apologized not in his usual stern business tone. "So, the kiss at the karaoke?.."

"Yes, I did kiss you," he admitted shyly looking down on his shoes.

"Why did you do that and didn't tell me it was real, I thought it was just a dream," she said abruptly.

He said nothing but looked at me intently desperately waiting for forgiveness.

"Don't worry, It was only once, and kept my hands to myself" he said right away. Seeing me a bit annoyed and irritated. 

"Mmm.. right. First, let's get out of this place." I told him with irritation showing on my face. "Do you know the exit?"