Chapter 1

This story may not be updated as much as my main story at the moment. But i will try to update it at least once a week. As my other fanfic, the crew that will save the world is updated almost every other day. So enjoy.
_______________________________

It had been a full moon and a clear sky when Monkey D Luffy was born. Her father Dragon couldn't have been happier. He had a beautiful wife and a gorgeous baby girl. Everything was perfect for the small family. Even Dragons Father Garp was there for the birth. Garp held her for a bit. She had opened her eyes and blinked at him. Garp saw in the barely a day old eyes' was a sense of intelligence beyond what she should have. She reached up at him and smiled. A huge smile that took up most of her face. She giggled at Garp, and he melted. She had him wrapped around her little finger.

However, their joyous day would soon turn dark. As a buster call had been called onto the island. Cannon balls rained down from the sky. Luffy's mother was exhausted from giving birth. Luffy's mother was a very smart lady and was a doctor at one point. So she knew that her life was slipping away, and without a surgeon, she would die. She had to beg them to take Luffy and run. Dragon had given her one last hug and kiss before he left. With Luffy in his arm and his Father by his side. They fleed to a boat and sailed away. Dragon was gritting his teeth so hard that he was beginning to get a headache. He had to stay calm for Luffy's sake and as he looked down at his child. He noticed that the little girl was crying but made no sound. "Ma." Luffy barely said. Dragon hugged his daughter and let tears escape his eyes. His daughter knew what was happening, and all he could do was try to comfort her. She would never feel her mothers touch again.

Dragon had decided that his daughter was not safe with him. Garp had agreed and proposed that he take Luffy to Dawn. Dragon didn't want to split up from his little girl, but he would make any sacrifice to make sure she stayed safe. Dragon had hugged his daughter for a while before she left with Garp. They had to sail for a week before they reached Dawn Island.

Once there, Garp had to take some time off from the Navy. At first, they weren't going to let him take an almost three year vacation. However, that was the amount of vacation days he had built up. He had never taken a day off from the navy. So they exepted it and he now had three years with his precious granddaughter.

Luffy was a very easy baby and hardly ever got mad. By the age of one she was saying word very clearly and walking like a pro. She never fell down even when she ran. She loved when Garp would read to her and even started to read along with him. Well, the words she could pronounce. Once Garp noticed that he had indeed been right and Luffy was a very smart kid. He had even started teaching her.

She was learning things a 5 year old knew by the age of two. She could read quite well, nothing too advanced, though. She loved her grandpa and how he would do anything for her. Mainly, she liked when he would teach her something new. As for her father, he was only able to visit maybe twice a year. She loved when he would come. Dragon would spend the whole time playing with her and would also tell her stories of his travel. Leaving out the part that he was in the Revolutionary army. She loved his stories about fighting.

By the age of three, Luffy was starting to show her interest in combat. Garp would often find her with books about different styles of fighting. She would even try some of the posses they showed. Garp could see the beginnings of her own actual fighting style. A mix of several different styles put together. Garp had asked her about it, and she said she wanted to mix grace and speed with power. Involving a lot of gymnastics into it. She also would switch between using her fist and using a dragon like claw with her hands. Something she pucked up when Dragon visited. She wanted to be a well-rounded fighter. So Garp had started to train her. He took it slow with her, mainly helping her perfect her moves and add in ways she could make an attack or defense better.