Chapter 5

Real quick, idk why, but this story is just flowing out of me. It is getting easier for me to write with every chapter. I am definitely getting better as a writer. I am trying to perfect my writing style. So maybe I can write my own original book. Currently, i am trying to get this story to have more chapters and am on an ADHD hyperfocus with this story. I'm so sorry if I don't update my other story for a bit. But I will soon write that chapter when I get bored or get writers block with this one. So enjoy.
_______________________________

As they sailed, Nami noticed some things. Luffy always sat close to Zoro. Sometimes, she would even sleep on him. She had come out of her cabin in the middle of the night because she couldn't sleep. She saw Zoro sitting with his back slouched against the boat. She didn't see Luffy, though, and looked around. She moved to a different angle and saw Luffy on top of Zoro. She was sleeping peacfully with her head on his chest as it rose and fell. Zoro had an arm around Luffy while his other hand that wasn't on Luffy was grasping his sword.

Nami had thought Zoro was asleep but was proven wrong when he looked over to her. She was staring at him and Luffy. He raised an eyebrow at her. "What?" He said in a low voice. He didn't want to wake Luffy up.

"Uh, is there something going on with you two?" Nami asked.

"Maybe." He said, not really sure if there was. "We are still getting to know each other." Nami sat over by him.

"Oh, come on. You clearly like her. I can tell by how you look at her."

"She has gotten a red face from me once." Nami chuckled.

"You made her blush." Nami said with a smile, and Zoro nodded. "She likes you then." Zoro smiled and looked down at Luffy.

"She is a pretty special girl. I never met anyone like her."

"Me either. I wish every pirate was like her." Nami said with a sad expression. "How strong is she, I wonder?" Nami mainly said it to herself.

"Well, from what I have seen. She is holding back a lot. We have only seen maybe one eighth of her true strength. Maybe even less than that." He said, not really sure. "Her grandpa is Garp, though." He mumbled. Nami, though, made out what he had said and was shocked. She looked at Luffy.

"She." Nami pointed at Luffy. "Is related to Garp, the fist. The Marine vice admrial." She said in a squeaky voice, and Zoro nodded. She stared at Luffy with her mouth open.

"Yeah, she was raised by him." He said, and she closed her mouth. It suddenly made sense to her. Why Luffy wanted to help people. Garp probably taught her to stand up for people just like he did. He also probably had wanted Luffy to join the Marines. Luffy knew, however, who controlled them, the world government. People who could care less about commoners. She now understood why Luffy chose to be a pirate. She would travel with them for a while and maybe they could help her. She would wait though until she fully trusted them.

They had talked for a bit after that. Mainly about random things to get to know one another. Luffy had woken up at some point. She had asked Nami about her dream. Nami light up talking about how she wanted to be the best navigator and make a map of the world. "You're a navigator?" Luffy asked her with a smile.

"Yep." Nami said with the biggest smile. "In fact, i am the most skilled navigator you will ever meet."

"We could use a navigator on our crew. I'm looking for the best for my crew." Nami blinked at Luffy. Was that an invitation to join? Nami thought as she was taken aback.

"I'm not that strong like you or Zoro." Nami said, feeling weak.

"I would train you if you joined. When I say the best, it doesn't have to be the best in a fight. I realized i am going to need people skilled in different things. Navigation for one. Next, I need a cook, sniper, doctor, musician, Shipwright, helmsman, and maybe more. But I only need one of each. I don't want a huge crew as a smaller crew can move more quietly when needed." Nami hadn't realized how smart Luffy was. She had thought out what positions she would need on her crew. She did agree that a smaller crew, if needed, could sneak around. While a huge crew would have difficulty. She was also willing to train her crewmates as long as they were the best in something else. She was the best navigator, and Luffy didn't care that she wasn't strong like her. She could work up to becoming a strong fighter. If she joined, though, they would eventually go after the world government. She would need to think for a while before deciding. "Well, you think about it. I can wait." Nami gave her a small smile at her understanding.