chapter 4

It had been about three days before they got to Orange town. On the way, they got to know each other batter. They didn't have much they could do on the boat. So talking seemed like the best thing to do. One night got super cold, and Zoro was on watch. As Luffy slept by his feet laying down. She was shivering, and he looked around for a blanket. There was none, and he had a solution. If she didn't mind, that is. He woke her up, and she was only half away. She lazily looked at him. "Come here." He said, tugging on her hand. She had no energy to protest, not like she wanted to. As she got up onto her knees and rubbed her eye with her other hand. She then looked at him confused. He then pulled her towards him. Right onto his chest and he closed his arms  around her. Luffy, being tired, smiled and rubbed her head into his chest. She then got comfy and found the perfect spot for her head. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him. "Comfy. " she said in a tired voice. Zoro smiled down at her and sighed. She felt way too good in his arms. They were both warm and cuddling with each other. As luffy fell back asleep.

The day after was when they finally docked at  Orange town. They walked side by side and closed together. Their hands brushed here as they walked. Luffy looked around, and she stopped. Zoro stopped a bit in front of her and looked at her. He raised an eyebrow. "Don't people live here?" She said, still looking around. Zoro then looked around, too. She was right. There wasn't a single person in sight. She then closed her eyes and used her haki to sense people. She noticed that the only people in the whole town were huddled together in one place. Luffia stretched her arm, and grabbed a rooftop. She launched up and landed softly on the roof. She looked at where she sensed people and saw a gaudy pirate ship at the other docks. The big pub was where all the pirates were, and she concluded. Not sensing anyone on the ship. She jumped back down where Zoro was. "Seems some pirates have taken over the town." She said with a frown.

"Guess the townspeople flead. So they didn't get killed." Zoro said and Luffy nodded.

They then heard someone screaming and it was getting closer. They looked down the street where it was coming from. An orange haired girl was running towards them with three pirates chasing after her. She got closer and saw Luffy and Zoro. The girl thinking quick to get away from the men chasing her. "Hey, boss. You can take care of them." She said and ran past them. The men stopped, Luffy and Zoro blinked as the girl disappeared around the corner. They then looked back at the pirates.

"If your her boss then die." One yelled as they all raised their sword at Luffy. She hated people like them. Pirates who would kill anyone. She let out a small burst of conquerors haki. Their blades fell and their eye rolled back. They then collapsed to the ground and passed out. Zoro had felt a power wash over him and his eyes widened at how strong it was. It didn't effect him however and he looked at Luffy with wide eyes.

"What was that?" He questioned.

"Haki. I'll tell you about it later." She said looking at him. He nodded unsderstanding this wasn't the best time to talk about it.

"Wow, you are strong." A voice said suddenly and the looked up at a balcony. The orange haired was leaning against the rail. Even though they both had sword. You beat them bare handed." Luffy and Zoro looked at each other then back at her.

"Who are you?" Luffy asked. The girl smiled and jumped down.

"I'm a talented theif, who steals stricktly from pirates. My name is Nami." She said. "Hey, do you want to team up with me?" She asked happily.

"Nah." Both Luffy and Zoro said at the same time. They didn't have to even think about it. They turned around and began to walk down the street with Nami following them.

"At least think about it first." Nami said with forrowed eyebrowes.

"Don't need to. You are a pirate theif and we are pirates." Luffy said. Nami's eyes widened at hearing that. These two were pirates, then why did they help her. They could have just walked away but they didn't. "We may not be your typical pirates but we are still pirates." They walked around and Nami decided to keep an eye on them. They ended up at a pet food store and saw a dog sitting on the porch. Luffy, who loved animal seemingly teleported to the dog. Zoro and Nami's eyes widened.