chapter 7

This is contrary to how Kaya is in the anime and manga. I am going to make her ok with violence. Because seriously, if i was in her shoes. Kuro would have been shot. We have no idea what happened to her parents. And I went with him poisoning her. Which is worse than just being depressed. He tried to kill her and would have if Luffy hadn't dealt with him. Enough of my little rant. Enjoy the chapter, folks.
________________________________________________________________

The next day, Luffy and Zoro woke up and decided to train while they waited. Zoro had wanted to train his observation haki. So Luffy grabbed a stick, and he used his bandana to cover his eyes. He managed to dodge quite a bit of her attacks. He would still get hit, though, and Luffy would send him flying. He would always get back up, and Luffy would sit him back in the spot. This went on for a while until the transponder snail Luffy had rang. Luffy had given Nami a transponder snail. So if either group saw the pirates, they would call. Looks like they showed up on Nami and Ussops' side of the island. Luffy picked up her snail. "Luffy, they are here. The pirates are docking." Luffy dropped the stick, and Zoro got up, removing his bandana.

"We are on our way." Luffy said and hung up. Luffy and Zoro started to run. Luffy had to make sure Zoro didn't go off and make it to the other side of the island.

"You think they will be ok?" Zoro asked as they ran. "Neither of them are really what you would call fighters." Luffy hmmed in response.

"Ussop is a scaredy-cat. While Nami just needs to be trained. Maybe this will make Ussop less afraid." Luffy said. She had promised Yassop that she would let Ussop join her crew. Ussop, however, wasn't the fearless marksman his father was. He needed to get over being scared of everything and everyone that is strong. He wouldn't survive long in paradise, let alone the new world. If he was constantly hiding, what was the point of him being on the crew. She would be going up against the government. Weak willed people would not do well in a haki battle. She couldn't go back on her word, though. She made a promise, and she was going to keep it. He would need to learn how to fight with more than just his slingshot. Maybe this fight would toughen him up a bit.

When they finally got to the other side of the island. They could see Nami and Ussop fighting. Nami had taken out her bo staff and was actually fighting pretty well. For having barely any training. She was smacking pirates left and right. With more training, Luffy could see her doing serious damage. Ussop was staying back and snipping pirates. However, some pirates got past Nami and were getting closer to Ussop. He started to panic as he waved his arms around, asking where Luffy and Zoro were.

Zoro went to walk forward with his hand on one of his swords, but Luffy put her arm in front of him. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow. She just kept watching with narrow eyes and a frown. Ussop was a mess and still freaking out. As the pirates were closing in on him. "Come on, Ussop." Luffy whispered to herself. "Fight back." Zoro looked at Luffy, then back to Ussop. He had figured she wanted Ussop on the crew. He didn't particularly like the long nosed boy. Thinking him too weak for the crew. Yeah, he was a great shot, but he needed some damn balls. Zoro didn't move, respecting Luffy's wish.

A sword came swinging at Ussop's head, and he fell to the ground. He was sweating profusely as the sword was brought up. They guy holding the sword swung it down, and Ussop rolled away. He got up from the ground and looked at himself, shocked, that he had survived. Then another sword swiped at him, and he backed up. He, however, got a cut on his face.

Luffy, upon seeing enough, sped forward. She drew her sword fast and got in between Ussop and the guy. She blocked the attack aimed for Ussop. The man was shocked and backed up. Luffy then did a spin kick, knocking the man down the incline. "Luffy!" Yelled Ussop happily.

"I think that is enough." Luffy said with a smirk. Ussop had good instincts that Luffy could work with. "Zoro." She said simlpy. He darted out from the forest and went to help Nami take out pirates. Now Nami, Zoro could see becoming a crew mate. She was super smart and a damn good navigator. Heck, she could tell a storm was coming before they could see it. She just needed training in fighting. He suspected she would be a fast learner. He wondered what was stopping her from joining, though.