chapter 2

It has been a year since Shanks was there. Luffy had become quite skilled with a blade. She found out that using a sword was easy to her. It felt as natural as breathing. Shanks had given her two gifts upon him leaving. His straw hat that, had been her uncles. Along with a plain black handled wakizashi. It was like a short bladed katana. It was the perfect size for her until she got older. Then, she would switch to a katana.

She was training on the beach when she saw her grandpa was walking towards her. She smiled as she sheathed her sword in it black scabbard. She then ran at her grandpa, jumped up, and hugged him. "Grandpa," she yelled happily. Garp laughed and hugged Luffy. She had gotten taller but not by much. Garp had bad news for Luffy, though. Garp realized that Luffy would be safer with the mountain bandit friend he had. It was more secluded, and Garp didn't have to worry about a navy ship showing up here and meeting her. They would put two and two together. It wouldn't end well. So his solution was this. Luffy was smart and knew just who her father was understood. Did she like it? No. Not at all.

So they made their way up to the bandits house they were stopped by a boy. Who glared at Garp and Luffy was partly hidden behind Garp. When the boy fully saw the girl, he just blinked and disappeared. "That was Portgas D Ace." Luffy eyes widened for an instant. She had a normal expression when Garp looked at her. Inside her mind, though, she remembered when Shanks told her about Roger's wife and the love of his life, Portgas D Rouge. Holly crap, Ace was Rogers son. Which meant that Ace was her cousin. She now didn't mind too much she was moving.

Well, that was what she had thought. It had been a week since she was dropped off with Dadan and the bandits. She has yet to get a chance to talk to Ace. He would always run off before she could even get a word out. Today, though, she followed him without him knowing. With her skills, it was quite easy. He didn't notice her at all. She watched from a different tree as Ace met up with a blonde boy wearing a suite and top hat. She jumped over, landed in front of them with a front flip. Not making a sound as she landed. They both looked shocked at her, and Ace even got into a fighting stance. "Will you please just talk to me for a second." She said, frustrated.

"Why should I. You are just Garps' granddaughter. You aren't my family." Ace said, glaring at her. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"My mother was Gol D Rose." She said flatly with forrowed eyebrowes. Aces eyes went wide, and his stance faltered. "I am your cousin. So I would say we are family."

"How did you know."

"You took your mothers name. I was told by a former crew member of Roger's. That Portgas D Rouge was Roger's wife. Didn't know they had a son though. He never knew what happened to my aunt." She said.

Ace didn't know what to think. Here was a person that was related to him by blood. Why didn't Garp tell him. He thought he was alone, that he was the last of his family. He looked at Luffy and notice similarities between them. They could be mistaken for siblings with how similar they looked. "Who is your father?" Ace asked.

"Monkey D Dragon." Luffy said with a smile. Ace hadn't heard that name before but apparently the blonde had. Ace looked confused at the blonde shocked face.

"What?" Ace asked the blonde.

"Dragon is the leader of the Revolutionary army. He is the most hated man in the world right now. The Marines are after him too." The blonde said. Ace was shocked the army he has heard about. He looked at Luffy, who was exactly like him. Granted her father was alive and that ment that Dragon was his uncle. He just relized this and smacked his forehead. Now the government had two reasons to kill him. One his father, two his uncle. Same for luffy he relized. He felt like a dumbass for ghosting her for a week. But he still had on big fear. His hair shadowed his eyes. "Do you think I should be alive?" He questioned, not looking at her.