chapter 15

It was early the next day, and Luffy and Dragon were both by the figurehead just standing there watching the sunrise. Dragon shifted his eyes and looked at his daughter. He didn't want to leave her knowing who she was going to be fighting. Unlike his father, he knew the true extent of Luffys power. He knew she could handle Crocodile easily, but he still worried about her. Also, there was the guy she was dating. He already had both Robin and Sabo interigate him. They told him that Zoro was only loyal to Luffy. That Luffy was everything to him, and he never hurt her. Sabo had even told him about what Nami had old him. She always saw Zoro sleeping near Luffy with his swords in hand and was always on guard. He also said he took protecting Luffy very seriously even though she is stronger than him. Dragon would have to talk to Zoro himself before he left. He would have to leave soon as he had an Army to run. "Hey, Dad." Luffy said suddenly, still looking at the sunrise. He turned his head to her, and she turned her head to him. "Can I borrow Sabo?" She asked, and he wasn't really surprised.

"Why?" He asked, expecting her to just want to spend more time with her brother.

"Ace called. He will be in Alabasta around the time we get there." She said happily. "I know Sabo hasn't seen him in a while and wanted to take him with to see Ace. He can leave afterward if you need him." Dragon looked to be in thought.

"How about Sabo stays with you until Crocodile is defeated." Dragon said with a smile. Luffy jumped up and down. She then glomped him with a hug, which he returned. She then let go and was about to run off to tell Sabo the news, but Dragon stopped her. "I have a present for you first before you run off." He said with a bit off a chuckle. Luffy turned to him with a smile, and he pulled out a small antique jewelry box. It had a rose with two swords going through it and a skull on top of the rose painted on the curved top. Luffy looked up at her father with forward eyebrows.

"Is that moms?" She asked, and he nodded.

"Yes, that was her jollyrodger when she was a pirate. She said to give you this on your 17th birthday." He handed it to Luffy, and she took it. She looked at it with many emotions. Sadness that her mother wasn't here to give it to her. Anger at the people who took her life. And wonder at what was in the chest from her mom. She sat down on the deck, her father falling suite. She slowly opened it as her heart beat faster. The first thing she noticed was a beautiful necklace. It had a simple long gold chain and a rose carved out of ruby. She picked it up, and her dad, upon seeing it, smiled. "I gave that to her when we got engaged." Dragon said, and Luffy looked at it with soft eyes. Luffy put the necklace on, and with the long chain, she didn't have to try to clasp it. She fiddled with the pendant and then looked up at her dad. He had a soft eyes and smile. Seeing her wearing the necklace made him happy. She looked back in the chest and saw a purple cloth. It pulsed with an ancient power that felt like Haki but was somehow different. She picked it up and saw that it had images sewn into it in white thread. She opened it up and noticed it was a sash. It was old but made out of a soft but durable material. She looked closely at all the detailing. She saw a crest she had never seen sewn on each end of it. It had a D in the middle of the crest in cursive. It had ornate detailing around it that you would see on other crest. She moved up its curves, and spirals were sewn all up and down the sides. Everything on it was mirrored on the other side. A little above the crests was an outline she was all too familiar with Nika. Above him was a sun, and above that was a dragon clutching a fruit. Above that was Luffys Jollyroger, which she was confused about it being on it. She went further up, and there was a silhouette of a woman with a cape on and hood up. The face wasn't detailed, just the outline of the face was there, but the eyes were sewn in red thread. The next image was of many ships all close together. Then was her flag again with the silhouette of Nika over top of it. In the middle of the sash was a detailed depiction of an island with a huge city on it. Luffy looked up to her father with a confused look.