Chapter 01: Book of History

"Too early for our history subject." The voice of that person who spoke, showed an annoyance.

"I just woke up, and I feel like I'm going to fall asleep again."

The boredom in the expressions of each student inside the classroom was noticeable, showing mutual disinterest in what was being discussed.

But their professor didn't seem to mind. She kept teaching even though no one was listening.

Even though she wished someone would pay attention, she did not bother anymore. For her, she would still get paid for her teaching.

"For almost 20 decades after the rivalry between light and dark, all we thought that no one had survived from that incident. But then, someone did, and ended the rivalry. Some things can be possible. And what about the current ruler of this world? He is the person I am referring to."

She continued. "In recent years, our world's ruler hid this secret from us so we wouldn't think about the battle between light and dark."

"He figured it was safer if nobody knew, but then he created seven empires. The first one is the Shouldow Empire, a mix of soul and shadow, that can easily manipulate you. Walk twelve kilometers ahead, you will find the Oxygen Empire floating about five feet above ground. Both are in the South."

"To the West, there's the Aqua Empire, with clear water and beautiful scenery. The Snow Empire is where you see different snowflake shapes and it's not too cold, that you could almost wear summer clothes."

"In the North, there are two empires that similar to each other: the Hydroelectric Empire, with loud thunder outside but calm inside, and the Heat Pump Empire, warm outside but cold inside."

"Lastly, in the East, there's the Land Empire, with both people and animals ruling. A prince and his jaguar friend."

Only a few students were interested in the professor's discussion, especially the new ones. But the professor noticed a student wearing a black face mask and a white jacket. You can tell she's a woman because she's wearing a skirt as part of her lower uniform.

She stood up, then flicked her fingers, making everyone gasp as letters appeared on the board.

"I'll just add some details you haven't mentioned from your discussion." Hearing that voice as cold as ice, causing another gasp of surprise.

"There are eight empires. The last one is the Phantasm Empire. However, this is where you will encounter illusions that can deceive you, so be careful , and don't be affected when entering here. You might also probably experience nightmare that will lead into suffering." She stood straight.

She added, "In this only empire, it is divided into four, where these are located in the East, West, South, and North."

Unbeknownst to those inside the class, a peculiar smile had already formed on her lips, which they wouldn't notice because it was covered by the face mask she was wearing.

A mysterious smile formed under her mask despite her eyes showing no emotion.

The professor swallowed nervously, as if suddenly feeling tension. She also felt a small bead of sweat forming on her forehead. Her breathing gradually quickened.

"Where did you get that information?" The professor asked her.

"In a library," the woman replied curtly, shrugging.

"And how can you say so?"

"A book of history."

The professor began to feel a chill, especially when she saw how the woman's eyes sparkled in amusement.

"Are you even sure about that? You have no evidence to prove that," she said, trying not to show her trembling posture.

"It's wrong to create stories that are meaningless," she added.

She was taken aback when she heard the woman's laughter, which seemed to shake her body more because of nervousness.

"Got you. Soon, your secrets are about to be told."