Chapter 02: A Mystery in Her

From the inside of the academy, you can see tall and majestic trees providing shade when the sun is blazing.

The surroundings are filled with energy. Birds with unique traits chirp, soothing the ears.

Not far away, you'll notice a vast field where open training sessions are held for students from different grade levels.

In the very center of the academy, there is a large fountain that flows abundantly, and at the top of it is a cupid statue, which feels strange every time you look at it.

"It looks like they are already finished with their mission. Psh. The surroundings will be noisy again."

From her favorite hangout spot, she climbed down from resting on the tree branches before adjusting her uniform.

She did not attend the next subject after their history class ended.

She just shook her head and walked away with her hands in her pockets.

She stopped for a moment to adjust the hood of her jacket, which almost slipped from covering her face.

But she hadn't even gone far when she accidentally bumped into someone.

"Hey, you pathetic fool! Look what you've done to my precious bag and my uniform!"

The other students who saw and heard the incident stopped to inquire about what was happening.

Mga chismosa at chismoso.

"You did that intentionally, I know. That's why, if I were you, apologize to me now, or else you'll beg for me to spare your life."

No matter what the girl does, she is being ignored by the girl in the jacket, who simply keeps her head down while playing with her fingers.

"What the! Are you mute, girl? I hate you! You don't bother to reply to my question! I'll make you suffer for this! " The girl continued to rant.

The girl in the jacket just sighed before she looked up and made eye contact with the other.

The girl with colorful makeup on her face was slightly stunned when she looked into the eyes of someone lifeless.

Little did she know, there was a strange danger that would put her in a precarious situation.

"Death is something you could compare to the life of a flower. Once it's already dead, there's no hope for it to live longer."

A woman in a hooded jacket pursed her lips as she realized that it had caused her too much.

"You still have time to realize that change is for the better."

"Choose between light and dark; full and empty; desire or revenge."

Before she could take a step, she decided to put up a barrier for the girl, who was still lost in thought.

Eventually, she smirked quietly. "Checkmate."

She disappeared like a bubble. She used her ability to go somewhere else that no one would ever know. Teleportation.

The afternoon suddenly became noisy. It sounded like they saw their idols.

Seven members, mostly called Royalties, walked. They also possessed a unique aura, perhaps from their energy derived from power.

Magic is their life. Without it, they will feel empty. It is the only source of their magic.

"They are really handsome! I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack."

"Oh no, my world became colorful again when I saw him. Hihi."

"I miss them! Finally, after their mission in the human world for so long, I often see them again. Kyah! Omygee!"

"You are so exaggerated. It was just a week."

They alternated, teasing each other about who would enter first. They suddenly felt a strange presence that they never expected.

After several minutes, the eyes of others widened as the door opened, causing the person at the front to lose balance.

They were greeted by a face unfamiliar to them. They secretly scrutinized it. And shortly after, they were amazed.

"The headmaster was already waiting for you to come into his office as soon as all of you stepped in." A girl welcomed them.

"You are almost making them uncomfortable because of your aura, miss Que. Easy there," their headmaster chuckled.

The girl reprimanded him. "Whatever, oldie."

She walked towards where she could see the sofa she had slept on earlier, but she was disturbed.

The royalties followed her. They scrambled to find seats.

"How's the mission?" The headmaster immediately asked.

"Boring," the seven replied simultaneously, quickly exchanging glances.

They were about to argue when they heard a cough from the girl, who was comfortably lying down with her eyes closed.

"Fighting over simple things doesn't make sense. At all," she remarked.

Eh?!

"There. I thought of volunteering to tell my noisy children to be quiet."

Her lips curled up. "You are noisy, too. Can't you see? I'm trying to sleep."

"What?!"

"The frick!"

"Gross. I have a dad. And it's not you."

"You're too harsh on the headmaster. But I agree."

"Crazy."

"He might be drunk!"

"..."

Various complaints could be heard throughout their headmaster's office, except from one person quietly observing.

The headmaster flicked his fingers, which made the noise turn quiet.

"Anyway, I have an important announcement for all of you." He gave a big smile. "You have another mission."

"Huh?" The headmaster received a glare from the royalties.

"You were just quieted down, and now you're speaking again. Lapastangan!" their headmaster exclaimed.

"I don't want that anymore, Headmaster. It's tedious."

"No," he said firmly. They sighed and reluctantly nodded.

"Then everything's already settled," the headmaster said with a nod. "You are coming with them, miss Quitterie Rusgard. You'll be their guide for this mission."

"Stop calling me with that name. It sounded something weird."

"Alright, miss Quitterie Rusgard."

Not bad. They got trapped as soon as they stepped in.