15 - Complicated

It had been a few days since the original pictures had made their rounds, but they seemed to die down the minute another celebrity did something stupid. They were still trying to circulate on fan pages of Chris's or even fan pages for Dodger, but they weren't major news anymore.

I had the day off work, and I was going to take Dodger out for a run, Chris said he loved running the trails around the house and I could do for a good jog. Once I got to the park, I took out my phone and got a picture of Dodger and I in the car and sent it to Chris.

Bex: Your dog and girlfriend are going for a run.

Chris quickly answered back.

Chris: He is a good one to run with just be careful sometimes he gets a little too hyper and runs really fast.

Bex: Thanks for the advice, love you.

Chris: Love you.

I smiled putting my phone back in my pocket and got out of the car.

"Come on bubba." I said opening the backdoor to the car once I was out. I hooked him to the leash, and we headed to the trail. I started stretching and I was then very much aware of how exposed I was, and people were looking. I groaned and shook my head slightly, I was just being paranoid, I would not be kept inside because of some people with camera phones. Chris and I were together, and this was the aspect I guess I needed to get used to.

I finished stretching and looked down at Dodger.

"Easy pace, okay?" I asked him and he huffed almost in answer, and I smiled as I started running down the trail.

🔺🔻🔺

Once I was done with the run, I got Dodger in the car and before I could even start it up there was a number on my phone I hadn't seen in a long time, and I wasn't sure why it was still in my phone.

"Damon?" I asked answering the phone.

"Hey Bex." Damon said.

"What do you want? I mean this is odd..." I said.

I heard him sigh, "I was just wanting to check on you. I mean we broke up and you kind of disappeared." Damon said and I groaned.

"Right because we broke up and I didn't have to hang out in your social circles anymore." I said.

"Yeah well, I just wanted to call you and tell you that mom and dad are planning a huge party for me for my birthday. I was wondering if you wanted to come. Mom said I could invite you." Damon said and I groaned, placing my forehead on the steering wheel.

"Damon, I don't understand what is going on. Your parents weren't happy we were going to be getting engaged and eventually married, now they are wanting me to come back to your world for a birthday party they are throwing you?" I asked.

"I was just wanting to be nice Bexley I mean you were a major part of my life for a long time." Damon said.

"When is it?" I asked.

"Next week, Saturday at the country club. Dress code is cocktail and it's going to be a night with dinner and dancing. I will put you down as a plus one if you would like to bring someone." Damon said and I just thought to myself why he would say this but decided to drop it.

"Fine, what time?" I asked.

"Dinner is at 7pm. Cocktail hour starts at 5:30pm." Damon said, I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I'll think about it." I said and I could tell he was smiling.

"Perfect." Damon said. "Bye." He continued and hung up.