тнє ρнαямαɕу

We all ride our bikes back down into town

We all ride our bikes back down into town. The kid is on the back of Bills bike. "I mean it's great that we're helping him but we also need to think about our own safety, i mean he's bleeding all over and you guys know there's an aids epidemic." Eddie rambles.

I zone out and speed up to Richie. "What do you think happened to him?" I ask Richie as we ride across the road. "I don't know but I think that something got him bad." Richie says. Eddie is still yelling when we reach the Alley that I leave my bike sometimes.

"How do you amputate a waist!" Eddie screams. "You fucking don't." I yell. "That's why we're going to help him dipshit." I say  as we park our bikes. We aLl drop them and as usual, Stan is the only one who uses the kickstand. "Wait here Richie." Bill yells.

"Hey!" Richie yells as we all run away. I turn around and jog backwards for a second. "Sorry." I yell to him and I shrug and keep running. The bell dings loudly as we run into the drug store. Eddie goes over to the bandage isle and grabs a bunch of cotton balls and other stuff.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asks as Stan pulls out a crumpled two dollars and I hand him a few stray coins. "This is all we got." Stan says sadly. "Are you kidding me?" Eddie asks. He's holding at least ten dollars of supplies right there.

"Wait. You have an account here, don't you?" Bill suddenly remembers and asks Eddie. "If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself I'll be in the hospital all weekend getting X-rayed." Eddie whispers.

Just then a girl in a red tank top and Jean shorts quickly comes around the corner and into the isle. Her auburn ponytail bouncing on her shoulder. Beverly. She quickly hides a box of what looks like tampons behind he back.

"Y-you okay?" Bill asks her. "I'm fine." She says and then motions to the piles of supplies. "What's wrong with you?" I open my mouth ug then Stanley cuts in. "None of your business." He says quickly. I turn around and scowl at him.

"There's a kid outside that looks like someone killed him." Eddie says in his squeaky voice. "We need some supplies but don't have enough money." I say embarrassed. Beverly looks at me and then at the front desk and I know exactly what she's thinking.

A moment later, Beverly and I are standing at the desk. Beverly is paying for her tampons and I'm standing beside her. She looks at me and winks, giving the all clear. "I like your glasses Mr. Keene." Beverly says flirtingly. 

I know it wasn't the safest way to get those supplies but it was the best we could think of. "You look just like Clark Kent." I add charmingly. "Oh well, I don't know about that." Mr. Keene says modestly. "Can I try them?" Beverly asks suddenly.

"Well... sure." He replies after giving a Quick Look around. He hands them to her and she slips them on. Giving a quick giggle as she does. "What do you think?" Beverly asks him. I look at her and blush. 

"Well how 'bout that." Mr. Keene starts, leaning towards us. "You look just like Lois Lane." He finishes. I almost gag at that but somehow keep it in. Beverly chuckles a little flirtatiously. "Really?" She asks innocently. Mr. Keene nods creepily.

Beverly takes off the glasses to hand them back to him. "Well here you go." She says as she knocks over a display stand. Of course, this was our plan. "Shoot, we're so sorry." I say sadly. "It's okay." Mr. Keene says a little too quickly.

He slips his glasses back on his nose and bends down to pick up the stand. The second he's on the ground Beverly grins at me and then we turn too the boys, who are standing by the entrance.  'Go.' I mouth to them as they stand there cluelessly.

Once I do that they run towards the door, Eddie tripping on a display stand on the way out. Once they are out the door, Mr. Keene is still on the ground. My hand goes to the pack of cigarettes on the counter, just as I reach for it Beverly does the same.

Our hands touch and my face goes red. "You take them." I whisper. "For helping us." She smiles at me and then Mr. Keene pops back up. He rings up the tampons and then me and Beverly walk out the door.

"He looked like he was going to strangle us when you knocked over that stand!" I tell her in a fit of giggles. We are both laughing uncontrollably. And then get to the alley and Bill steps out. He makes eye contact with Beverly and I can't help but feel sad.