тнє σℓԃ ηєωѕραρєяѕ

When we walk into Ben's upstairs hallway, I'm first to make it up the stairs

When we walk into Ben's upstairs hallway, I'm first to make it up the stairs. Ben quickly runs ahead to tidy his room quickly. I turn around and shrug at Beverly, grinning. She returns the smile and walks in behind me. I hear Eddie and Richie talking loudly behind us somewhere.

"Woah woah woah." Richie says when he walks in adjusting his glasses. "Where did you get all this?" I say in awe of his bedroom walls. Which are covered in hundreds of old newspaper clippings. "Wow." Richie adds in shock.

"Cool huh?" Ben says to Richie and I. I smile and nod. "No. No, nothing cool." Richie says sarcastically. "There's nothing cool." One the other side of the room Bill looks at a table full of old micro maps. "It's a shit ton cooler than the dump you call your room." I say to Richie.

"This is cool. Right here." Ben says optimistically and points at a map on the wall. Richie and I both look at it closely.  "Wait. No. No, it's not cool." Richie says looking at me. I roll my eyes and walk over to Beverly. "What's that?" Stan asks and points at the wall.

Beverly and I both turn to look form across the room. "Oh that. That's the charter for Derry township." Ben says. "Nerd alert." Richie says quietly. I look at him from where I'm standing. "Beep beep Richie." I tell him.

"No, actually, it's really interesting." Ben says. "Derry started out as a beaver trapping camp." Before Ben can say anything more he's interrupted by Richie. "Still is, am I right boys?" He says and sticks his hand up to high five Eddie and Stan.

Both of which, roll their eyes and look back to Ben. Beverly shakes her head in disgust and starts reading the wall again. "What are you looking at?" I ask her. "Oh." She starts. "Not much I'm just reading this. But I don't see anything interesting."

"I do." I say with a smile and we both walk over to Ben's door. Beverly slides the creaking hinges open slowly. Ben turns to look at us. His mouth dropping open. He stares at her, then at me. Then at the new kids on the block poster on his door.

Beverly smiles at him and then pushes the door open again so you can't see the poster. Ben smiles a sigh of relief and then turns to Bill. "W-w-where was the well house?" Bill asks. "I don't know." Ben replies. "Somewhere in town I guess. Why?" He finishes.

Bill looks absently out the window for a moment. "Nothing." He says and then looks up at the posters on the wall. After a few more minutes of looking around it was getting lose to dinnertime. "I gotta go." Beverly says.

"My dad'll kill me if I'm late." I nod. "Same. Mind if I walk you home, your house is on the way?" I ask her. My house was nowhere near on the way but I wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste. I hold my breathe as she replies.

"Sure. I'd like that."  Beverly says happily as we all walk down the stairs. "Bye guys!" I tell the boys with a wave as Beverly and I start off towards her house. She's wheeling her bike since I didn't have mine. "So." She says with a smirk. "You and Richie?"

I go red at the thought of that. "No. Definitely not." I say quickly. "I could never in a million years date him." I say quickly. She stops smirking but she's still smiling. "Good to know." She says quietly as we pass her building.

"Guess this is goodbye." I say to her. "Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully?" She asks. I nod. "Totally, I um..." I pause. "Today was really fun." I say. She nods and smiles. "It was. I'll see you tomorrow Cindi."