тнє мιѕѕιηց ρσѕтєя

A few minutes later, the seven of us sit at the top of the cliff

A few minutes later, the seven of us sit at the top of the cliff. Beverly and I are suntanning. I can feel all eyes on us. "They're totally staring at us." I whisper to Beverly without moving. She slightly opens one eye to look at them.

"Okay." She whispers. "Look at them in three, two... one." We both slowly turn our heads to face the boys and they all quickly look away. Beverly flips onto her stomach, the boys are still avoiding eye contact when I get up and sit crisscross.

My hands covering the bandages on my hand. Eddie gives me a look. The four of them all know about my... habit. But they still don't like it when I show up with a bandage. "Cindi." Eddie whispers to me. "Are you feeling okay?"

I roll my eyes. They've been way more protective about it after I... almost went too far. "It wasn't me." I say to him a little louder then I meant too. "It was fucking Henry Bowers." All eyes look at me. "What was Henry Bowers." Bill asks.

"My arms." I say angrily. "He attacked me on my walk home yesterday." Beverly looks at me. "And your sure your fine?" I nod at her and then turn to Ben. "News flash Ben. Schools out for summer." Richie says in another one of his annoying voices.

"Oh that? Ben starts. "That's not school stuff." Richie pulls out a postcard. "Ohh. What's that Ben?" I ask teasingly. "Who sent you this!" Richie exclaims, laughing. "No one." Ben says embarrassed and quickly snatches it away from Richie.

"What's with the history project?" Eddie asks and I stand up and walk over to see what they're doing. "Oh well..." Ben says embarrassed. "Before I met you guys I didn't really have anyone it hang out with. I smile sympathetically. 

I definitely know the feeling. "So I just started spending time in the library." Ben says sadly. As Bill takes the pole newspaper to look at. "You went to the library." Richie asks confused. "On purpose." I roll my eyes. "I can tell you don't go to the library." I say to Richie sarcastically.

"I wanna see." Beverly days getting up and sitting beside Bill. "What's the black spot." Stan asks quietly. I've heard the story's before. "Te black club was a night club that was burnt down years ago by that racist cult." Eddie whispers to Stan.

As Stan and Eddie start talking I get up and Stan behind Bill. "Y-y-your hair..." Bill mumbles and stares in shock at Beverly's chopped off hair. Beverly starts to look embarrassed so I back her up. "Hour hair looks beautiful, Beverly." I say to her.

"Oh right. Thanks." She says, still looking embarrassed about her hair but slightly less. "Here, pass it." Richie says to Bill, who is still holding the newspaper. "Why's it all murders and missing kids?" Richie asks. Derrys not like any town I've been in before."

Ben says solemnly. "They did a study once. And it turns out, people die or disappear, six times the national average." I look around, the rest of the group seems to be in a trance. "You read that..." Beverly says quietly. Ben nods. "And that's just grown ups. Kids are worse."

"Way. Way Worse." Ben concludes. "Well that's nice." I say quietly. "I've got more stuff, if you wanna see it..." Be  says hopefully. To be honest. I don't want to see it, I want to forget about the clown and the balloon and the blood.

I want to have a normal summer. I know that shit wasn't real. I know it was just a hallucination caused by blood loss. But somehow it keeps chipping away at my head. And deep down I know that the murders and bad shit in Derry, is all connected.

All too specific to be a coincidence. And somewhere in my mind it's connected to that clown. The  same one I saw yesterday. The same one that could kill us all if it wanted too. So no. I don't want to go and see more of that shit.

But I feel like I have too. Like something is calling me towards it. I guess everyone else felt the same because a few minutes later, were riding down to Ben's house. Since everyone had their bikes except me, I stupidly left it at home,

I was riding on the back of Richie's. "Hurry u-u-up lovebirds." Bill calls from the front of the group on his big bike. "Shut up asshole." Richie screams at him. I roll my eyes. Even though I know my friends are joking, I still feel like I'm boiling inside when they talk about me liking a boy.

Once we get to Ben's house, everyone drops their  bikes in Ben's front yard and runs to the front door. Of course Stan is last because he puts his kickstand up. Just as in about to step through the doorway, I turn and look at a woman putting up a missing poster

On a telephone pole. Oh fuck, who could it be this time. As I step into the foyer I can clearly see the name for a moment. Holy shit. Patrick is missing.