Chapter Twelve

The clock on my phone read just past three in the morning. The gang had all passed out watching a Harry Potter movie a few hours ago. My mind was buzzing like an angry hornet nest. Glancing around, I took the time to savor the sleeping faces of my family. In a heap a foot from the bottom of the Lazy Boy were most of the kids. Daisy curled into Cael's chest, her blonde hair flared out around them. Cael had a small amount of drool in the corner of his mouth. Using the boy as a pillow lay Seth with Molly tucked into his side. Star lay a bit away from them, her body curled into a ball and her hand trapped in Remi's. Remi, on the other hand, had fallen asleep sitting up against the chair, Kaldi tucked away safely in his lap. Kimmy was resting with her tiny head against Tyler's shoulder while Tyler was in the chair. On the love seat lay Stan and Kyle, wrapped around each other while Sylvia lay on a mattress they had pulled from a guest room at the bottom. Kyle's hand was wrapped around Sylvia's. On the couch in an awkward pile were Token, Nicole, Red and Bebe. Clyde was passed out below them. Cartman and Wendy had fallen asleep in the center of the floor, Julia nestled between them comfortably. Kenny was out cold leaning against the side of the couch, Butters curled up in his lap. Then there was Craig. He lay beside me as we lay across the room from everyone else. His head was perched on one arm and his hat barely clinging to his mess of raven hair. He was shirtless and breathing evenly, his nose twitching ever so slightly once in a while. He was gorgeous even when asleep.

With a silent sigh, I pulled myself to my feet and tiptoed from the room. I slipped on my shoes, quietly opening the door and creeping out into the dark of night. It was peaceful and still in the early morning air. The sky was full of stars and the wind was a bit chilly. Somewhere in the distance a dog barked as a car drove past. My eyes moved up to the moon as my hand pulled the blade from my pocket. I didn't want to cut anymore. I wasn't going to this time. As I removed the razor from its cloth prison, I heard the door creak open behind me. Instead of speaking, screaming or turning to look at who had followed me, I turned the blade around and around in my hands, watching the light play across it's silvery surface. Footsteps moved towards me and a body dropped down beside me on the steps. The person heaved a heavy sigh and gently reached out, taking the blade from my hands. Slowly, as if I was only just registering that I was in fact awake, I turned my head over to face the being. Shock filled my body when my gaze met that of Clyde and not of Craig, Kenny, Butters, or Tyler like I had expected. The man turned the blade over in his own hand before he began to speak, "Did you know Craig used to cut?"

"What?" I blinked slowly. If that were true, why would he pretend he didn't understand? If he used to cut, why was he scar free? What the hell?

"Back in high school. His home life was shit, his school life was shit, and he was a mess. He used to keep his mind together by opening his skin. I never understood it, but then Kenny found out. That blonde fuck did something so shocking it woke Craig up to the dangers of cutting and scared him so bad that he now pretends he never touched the blade. It's his way of keeping clean."

"What did Kenny do?" I asked softly, scared of the answer.

"I wish I could say this and copy him so you could have that same wake up call, but I'm not immortal."

"He offed himself?!" I heard myself squeak.

"I did." Kenny's voice came from behind us. Turning, I found the blonde leaning against the door frame, Tyler half hidden in the shadows behind him and Star stood right beside him.

"Daddy still has nightmares over it." Star sighed as she walked towards us, taking the blade from Clyde. "I know I'm just a kid and one well protected from the pain you feel, but, Tweek, I will use the blade myself next time you cut. You don't want me to cut, I don't want you to cut."